Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Exhausts

Old 03-17-2005, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhausts

Hey Tim I was wondering if you had any plans to do a full exhaust for the Tibs. And if so when would you be looking at having them done? I will be in the market soon as you know for a 2.5-3" exhuast and besides ARK (they dont have them yet) or geting one custom made my choices are pretty limited. Since I have the kit on the way from you figured I would see if this was a possibality.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'm desperate for one. i wonder why we only have like two and a half aftermarkets available.

if you are making one for us, can you take suggestions and polls on what kind of exhausts people would like? whether size, or appearance...

and a poll on how many people need cat backs for rd1 or rd2.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Lazy bums, I still say custom is the way to go, but eh. Either way 3" mandrel is hella expensive to make, there are only a few shops in the U.S that can bend those. I know the nearest one to me was in Mississippi that I could find. tongue.gif

If he is going to make one, I know he is looking @ 2.5" mandrel stainless steel most likely.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:03 AM

Hey I am cool with 2.5" as long as it goes under the axle!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:42 PM

how awsome!!!! finally some light! thanks =)

hmm the n1... i hope the pipe doesn't stick out like the n1 does. also, the straight bend in the rear sectioon of the n1 comes doewn so low... consider that roadkill.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:19 PM

any any updates?

is there any possible chance the exhaust can be made soon? i'm just wondering how this is going. because the only way i can get my headers on is with a 3 flange exhaust system. and i want a cool one =)
Old 03-25-2005, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Get an exhaust shop to weld a two bolt flange on your header... wouldn't be much more than $20...
Old 03-26-2005, 01:48 PM

it's coming sterling coated so i wouldn't want the bolts rusting on meh and go under the coating, it looks like this will have to wait. but hamhead, if it leads down to it, i will go to an exhaust shop and have the exhaust flange welded onto the exhaust to fit the header.

i'm going to look for some shops. OP is hooking me up with a muffler so maybe i can get a shop to just replace the piping and later send to Jet Hot to protect everything.

either way... before i start seeking alternatives, it would be neat if there could be any updates to help out.

well...lif there are no updates looks like i'm going to go custom. maybe it's cheaper!