Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Couple quick questions...

Old 02-08-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple quick questions...

Sorry if these have been answered, did a quick search but I couldn't find anything relative.
Since speed-factor is busy I was hoping other people could answer my question.
The basic kit is only good for adding up to 200hp right? If not please tell me how high it can go..with other mods too.
And I was wondering the price of the Extreme kit. The basic is $1400?
For people who already have one installed from speed-factor, how is the turbo lag?
Old 02-08-2005, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

no man the basic is 2,200 and the extreme is 3,100 both without options, ive asked around about the hp and never got an answer...im kinda interested too

www.speed-factor.com<---Go here
Old 02-08-2005, 07:01 PM

Ok ill check it out.
I thought I talked to him and he said 1400, I guess not =x
I talked to someone who said 1400, and that the basic is good for up to 200hp...
Swear it was speed-factor, but maybe not =/
Old 02-08-2005, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The basic kit by itself is good for maybe 170whp... you would need an intercooler to go over what the T3 Super 60 comes internally gated at.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

The reason you won't get a full answer is a couple of things.

1. It's tough to know what the "basic" kit provides cause I don't know of anyone who runs it without an intercooler.

2. Depends on how well it's tuned, and what you run for Fuel.

3. Not too many of the kits have been sold. So there really aren't that many people to gauge how much it will put out.

4. Speed-Factor is not a large company. It's Tim and that's it. Edelbrock, (sp??) for example, is a large company and they need to stay competitive with others. They'll dyno all their stuff before they sell it.

Hamhead's suggestion is about right.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:42 AM

Thanks for the explanation ^^

Ok, so do you know about how much could be added with an intercooler? Or would it be simple to just go with the extreme kit?
Im hoping to (eventually) gain about 300whp after a whole long...list of mods lol
Old 02-09-2005, 06:58 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

if you go onto his site and select the basic kit it will ask you at the bottom of the page if you want certain extras on the kit. stuff like intercooler(FMIC), T3/T4 Turbo instead of a T3 super 60, injectors, wastegate...it will have the price of each next to it when you select them...then if you hit continue it will tell you how much $ that set up would cost... check it out,

www.speed-factor.com<---go here, click on store, click on turbo kits click on basic then do all that stuff..
Old 02-09-2005, 07:12 AM

Ok, yeah sorry I went to the site and signed up yesterday, but I must of not seen a link to the store.

The only questions I have left are how bad is turbo lag, and how easy/hard is it to install the extreme kit? <- Would you reccomend a pro. or can you DIY?
And you said SAFC, do you (personally) support the SMT-6? I would prefer that over SAFC.