Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

CNK Product Price List -

Old 04-29-2003, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tibu --

Firstly -- the CNK ECU is on a different level to the S-AFC, basically it can control both ignition and fueling it has compensation maps for engine temp and air temp, it has digital outputs (one at the moment), it has the ability and versatility to be used as a piggy back or extra injector controller, or a NOS fueler, or a water injection controller or boost controller, etc etc

Tuning this ECU is simple, it uses a number system to control fuel and ignition, the higher the number the more fuel.... With ignition, the unit will intercept the timing signal and you would be able to advance or retard the existing ignition by as many degrees you want to up to a maximum of 44 either way. So if yuo type in the number 1 (one) in the advance table the ECU will advance the ignition by 1 (one) degree at that specific point --- simple.

The S-AFC can .....well control a few injectors..... rolleyes.gif YIKES - someone blew CNK's trumpet... LOL evil_gri

I'm not familiar with those Turbochargers -- I don't use small units like those at all. I wouldn't be able to say what boost you would need to make 200HP, this depends on to many things, intercooler, fueling, CR, piping ID, exhaust setup, manifold designs, engine control system etc etc

I can tell you that the boost will have to be very high to make that power --- don;t worry about the CNK pistons, they will handle over 25Psi no problem with that size compressor. the pistons are rated to 300HP, BatLord has made over 250WHP with his Tiburon and the CNK pistons are just fine.

Anything else you need to know --- just shout.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:16 PM

any picture of the BOV?
Old 04-29-2003, 02:26 PM

Old 04-29-2003, 03:05 PM

I'm really interesting CNK ECU. Does it work with 1.6 Beta 1 map engine? Is it difficult to install CNK ecu? I've live in Thailand and It's difficult to find any support with Hyundai's car.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Nuttanick, I think it should. We have the same ECU as the 2.0 MAP engine, but with slightly different parameters between them. How easy to install? Over to you, Chris.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:23 AM

The CNK ECU definitely DOES work with the Beta1 MAP engine..... once again it is a simple installation, and only around 8 wires that need to be joined and Teed into the existing stock wiring harness at the OEM ECU box itself.

Tuning is easy, but you will need a Dynamometer to get accurate and SAFE results.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:51 AM
Jon

Hi i have a question i have seen the answer somewhere to one part but i cant find it.

Now that i know it can work on a UK MAP based system, Does it control the injectors through the entire rpm range. As i have the Unichip at the moment it cant decrease the fuel at low rpm enough for me to fit oversized injectors can yours.

What sofware is needed for programming (the answer ive seen but cant find)

I take it the rest is the same as a unichip ie vac line for sensing boost etc.

I might be consisdering using this with my alpine setup for better fuelling and tuning.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:41 AM

Jon,

Yes you have FULL control of the injectors over the entire RPM range AND MORE ---- if your OEM rev limiter was removed, you would be able to control the injectors over and above this limit aswell!

Just as an example -- the CNK Turbo kit uses 550cc injectors, and the tuned map i supply with the kits MINUSSES fuel at idle and almost all the way through the RPM range even under boost, --- when youget to around 3/4 of the map - then only do I start to use positive numbers in the fueling table. Anyways --- to answer your question about using bigger injectors, it will work perfectly.

I supply all software for tuning the ECU with the ECU, I will also have it D/loadable from my web page soon.

Yes you will still need a vacuum line to the ECU to read boost and vacuum.

The ECU will work 100% with the Alpine setup, BUT you will have control over the engine -- FULL control.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:48 PM

My car has the MAF sensor right now and I now realized the problem I will have with my turbo setup if I dont change over to MAP. But is it really necesary to change over to MAp in order to make it work?

I was thinking I could put the MAf with a tube extension on the intake opening of the turbo, that way it would still read the air that is entering the engine but I am not sure. But since your ECU can control injectors over the ENTIRE RPM band and beyond I really dont want to buy the SAFC anymore since I would be basically getting robbed since for the exact same price your ECU does much more.

Now that I'm here I would like to ask what would be the S/H cost to send the low comp pistons and the ecu to Puerto Rico. My zip is 00959.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:36 PM

Tibu --

The ECU will run with all the stock components like the MAF in place ... although the ECU has it's own MAP sensor the ECU will need to see signals from the MAF in order to know how to control the engine --- whatever you do, don't remove the MAF.

What do you mean by S/H costs??