Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Clutchmasters Clutch Kit Special

Old 10-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Clutch Masters Clutches are specifically designed for varying stages of high performance and/or racing uses. From the street performance enthusiast who requires more grab than a stock unit while retaining everyday drivability, to the racer who needs a clutch to survive under the grueling conditions of competition, Clutch Masters offers complete clutch systems.

97-06 Tiburon 2.0L 4cyl.
and 96-02 Elantra 2.0L 4cyl.
- FX 100 (05-087-HD00) $315.00 Image/Info
- FX 200 (05-087-HDKV) $440.00 Image/Info
- FX 300 (05-087-HDTZ) $440.00 Image/Info
- FX 400 (4 puck sprung (05-087-HDCB)) $440.00 - More Aggresive. Image/Info
- FX 400 (6 puck/sprung (05-087-HDCB6)) $440.00 - Less Aggressive. Image/Info
Price includes shipping to anywhere in the Continental U.S.

Add a Clutchamsters matching flywheel for $364.00

NOTE: This is a special price to RDTiburon members. To qualify for this special price you must be a member of RDTiburon with at least 5 posts. PM me if you would like to take advantage of this offer.

Once I receive your PM I will give you link directing you to a "RDTiburon Special" page. Choose your member name to purchase.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey man, good to see you bringing us these specials. Anyway you could post up the specs on these clutches like what kind of power and torque they will hold? Just think it would boost sales a little. Bump for ImportShark!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:13 PM

Image/info links are provided in the original post. I'm pretty sure they should give enough info.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Hey there,

Do you have any idea how long the stage 4 six puck sprung hub clutch disc will last if daily/street driven?

Only reason I ask is that I bought an ebay 6 puck and it was scuffing the friction surface mounting rivets after just 15k miles and I don't even beat the clutch that much so I just want to make sure this one will last longer.

If you have some in stock, could you measure how many thousands of an inch of friction material there is before the mounting rivets?

My ebay clutch only had .015", and the disc was half the thickness of the stock disc so my clutch pedal engaged all the way at the top even when it was brand new.

I believe the stock clutch thickness is around .315", if you could measure the thickness of the 6 puck that would be awesome.

I was also considering the stage 3 because the kevlar should last longer but I didn't know if it would hold 350-400 whp (my project goals). I just figured I should get the stage 4 to hold the power but if the stage 3 can hold that I would gladly live without the chatter, lol.

Thanks for the prices, these are good deals.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:54 AM

What you are describing ..... I have only seen that happen on KSPEC clutches. Unfortunately these are currently being held at the CM Warehouse and I do not have access to them.

I do have to ask though, why are you running a stage 4 clutch? I don't know your mods but it seems to me unless your running some serious boost your stage 4 may be to much, I imagine you also get alot of chatter.

Jason (nul7) from CrookedH has been running a CM Stage4 w/flywheel on his V6 for I think about 2 years now with no issues, it still grips the same as it did on day 1.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned

i had a stage IV 4 puck sprung CM clutch in my tib for a while.. (blew it up, but it wasn't a clutch problem)

i LOVED that clutch.. absolutely loved it.. had a pretty harsh engagement though, but never slipped just BAM engaged. if your looking for big power i would say thats probably the way to go. possibly go with 6 puc, but i believe it will handle less power also.

the chatter wasn't really that bad on the clutch as long as you let the pedal out kinda slowly and kept the revs up. you definately would change your habits from a stock clutch though, or you would be looking to stall it and get a ton of chatter.

but for the power itll probably hold (i was prob pushing around 200whp when i had it) and the feel of it engaging i would def. recommend it for a car with big power goals..

if memory serves me right, it engaged about the same point as the stock clutch did, and when it engaged i mean IT ENGAGED. fing02.gif

hope this helped some.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Well I would be interested into this FX 400 (6 puck/sprung (05-087-HDCB6)) $440.00 if you would be willing to ship to Croatia, Europe :-D. Sending you my shipping info for a shipping quote purpose.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 PM

Well I had an ebay stage 3 gripforce clutch, not stage 4.

Thanks for the info socks, it is appreciated.

I will probably go with the stage 4 - 6 puck sprung hub.

How long will these prices last??

I would like to get out of debt before I start buying goodies, lol.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:09 PM

tdonnell and Hive ........ PM Answered
Old 10-24-2007, 06:09 PM

When I link to the page, my username is not listed, and when I click on the links to the CM clutch kits it takes me to this same post but on new tiburon??

Please help.