Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Body Kits

Old 04-17-2005, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people have expressed concern about the fact it takes so long to get their body kit. I understand the concern and can relate. We feel uneasy when it takes so long for your kit to come in, and sometimes puts stress on us to try and locate it and or estimate it's time of arrival. It's hard to estimate sometimes.

The reason we do not stock very many kits and import them after you order, basically because it costs money to warehouse kits for an extended period of time and at the same time they may not even sell.

Another reason is that kit's imported from Korea are of better quality than kits made here in the U.S. ..... don't get me wrong, I'm knocking on U.S made kits, but the fact is Hyundai is Korean, like Ford is U.S., so they take more pride in making their kits.

Here is an email I received from an Ixion buyer, it took about 40 days to get the kit to him.

BTW, Ixion forgot to ship the foglamps, so they are shipping them to him as we speak.

Tom,
I just wanted to let you know that when I first approached the body shop about doing the work on my car, they were very hesitant to accept and told me it was going to be big bucks to fit a kit to my car becuase of all the labor. I dropped off the kit and my car on Monday to get everything fitted this week so I could see it and go over the paint scheme before I went on vacation. I was supposed to come back on Thursday to see it, because they thought they would need that much time to get it done.
I went back on Tuesday to drop off some paperwork to them and the kit was already prepped and on. I talked to the guy that put it on and he said they were at first all fighting to not put the kit on because all of the kits they have done before were a p.i.t.a. to fit properly and required modifications. Now they are all fighting to take over the job because the kit was a straight bolt-on. No modification, very little prep. They all said it was the best kit the have ever done from the quality, right down to the fit.
My car should be finished by Thursday. A lot less expensive than what I was originally quoted too. They are still going to store it for me until I come back on the 25th. I will take pics and send them to you then. I should have the fog lamps and installed by then.
I just wanted to let you know about the kit.
Thanks,
Keith
Old 04-17-2005, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Hey, that's cool man. I had pretty much the same issue. I think I was working with Mike C for about a month and a half, then waited another couple months for it to be delivered. As I was waiting I had looked around to see what places would fit and paint the kit, funny, cause they all said the same damn thing.

"I don't know about that I can't really say anything cause the labour will be horrendous."

LOL, It's nice to see comments like that eh Tom?? I hate the nasty ones. But I always remember the good ones.

On a side note, I waited quite some time for my kit. I was prolly a little impatient at times, but the quality is amazing, I had the parts installed in an hour, with no issues at all. I have seen some nasy ones though, and although I still have yet to paint my kit, at least it fits.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Nice post Tom, it's unfortunate that a lot of tuners that are new want to just throw on a bodykit and a muffler, take some steel rims and go at it. Understanding quality will definately help them make a better decision.

Though, most won't.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 AM

that gives me a bit more confidence, considering that's the kit i'm getting

great post laugh.gif
Old 05-01-2005, 09:43 PM

My kit probably came in the same shipment as this one, it just seems like it takes forever.

But, when I got it, me and a buddy put it on my car in about 4 hours with no problems at all. Fits perfect and looks great!!! I got the Ixion.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:14 PM

The Zefiro kit on my old tibby was also first rate. It truely was a "bolt on" kit. the fit/finish was first rate, and it went on using exisiting holes/hardware so there was no muss/fuss. The shop that moulded it in and painted it originally quoted me $4500 and 3 weeks. They got it done in a week and a half, and for $2100.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:50 AM

Waiting 40 days would be nice. I've been waiting since early May (5 months) and haven't recieved an update in over 2 months. Also, have been asking for a full refund for over 3 months. Neither the Better Business Bureau nor my legal counsel have been able to get any replies.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:40 PM

Can you start a gripes thread about this? Bringing up posts from 5 or 6 months ago doesn't do anything.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:32 PM

I can, the only reason I haven't is because with the exception of this site, every other site where Italia and Importshark is "respected", any thread suggesting they are in error is rapidly locked and/or deleted.

I didn't want to start a poop-storm on this site, I was simply "raising a hand in the classroom" if you will.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:36 PM

We won't just close and lock it. Please, start up a Gripes Thread.