Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Body Kit Projects Status

Old 05-02-2003, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kit Projects Status

Here are the projects sr has been doing here in the states, and their status

1. Elantra Skyline Front bumper : Finished, and in stock.
2. SC2 Kit: Finished, always stocked.
3. Lancer Zenon front bumper: finished, stocked.
4. Lancer EVO 3 Front bumper: finished, stocked.
5. Lancer Side skirts: Bad fitment, mold being worked on, ETA: May 20
6. Elantra Skyline Grill: same as #5
7. First Generation Cuda kit: First production piece finished today, kit to be picked up monday. If its ok, all back orders will be shipped by the end of the week hopefully.
8. Sephia Yamaneko Kit: being produced now, will be ready next monday at the latest.
9. Elantra Octane front bumper: being finished off, hopefully will have production pieces in 2 weeks.
10. Accent GT Front bumper: In factory being produced, might have production pieces next week.
11. 2nd gen cuda kit: new bumpers to be used for mold being delivered to factory for production this week, production pieces to be done in 2 weeks tops hopefully.

As you can see, our california body kit factory has been busy lately...There are 4 other projects ill let everyone know about soon as well.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

They named a body kit after you?

lol

Can I get a REDZMAN Kit?

Yam, it's nice to see some kits being made in the US. Is there any chance that the other 4 projects, one of them will be a 2nd Gen Tibby one?

[ May 02, 2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: REDZMAN ]
Old 05-03-2003, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Thanks for the update Yam. I was curious about the XD Skyline grill. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:10 AM

I named the kit after myself because i designed it, and made the prototype with my own hands. smile.gif Figured it was only fair. If anyone out there designs and makes us a kit that we use, we will name it whatever you want.

One of the new projects might be an mps style kit, but i am waiting to hear back from sam on if there are any legalities with this. To the best of my knowledge, mps no longer exisits, thus no ownership of that design. But if someone else bought the design, there could be issues.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:02 AM

Yam, David from Kspec can help here too. I've talked to him about it and MPS is completely out of the kit business, and with the VAGUE copyright laws over here as it is (Can you say black market? I knew you could!), it really shouldn't be an issue. Matter of fact, no one here can even really find out any info about MPS. There have also been at least 4 companies in the US making an MPS kit, I don't know if you followed the debacle of us trying to find some of them, so I really think they won't be a problem.

If SR makes a MPS style kit, I'd donate my left nut to get it into production. lol

But, even if there are issues, can't you just change the style a little bit and call it something else?
Old 05-03-2003, 09:11 AM

Yam, how bout you sweeten the deal and give out a free kit for designing it?
Old 05-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

AzNxSandMan:
Yam, how bout you sweeten the deal and give out a free kit for designing it?
If you make the first prototype, and it is "mould" quality, then that seems fair. If you just "draw" it up, I doubt it.
Old 05-03-2003, 04:17 PM

random is right....artists im sure can come up with great designs or concepts, but the actual prototype making process is hard, down and dirty work.

ok. ill talk it over once more with sam, but as long as were not copying an existing company's design, i dont see anything wrong with it. Today in our shop we actually were working on trying to install an MPS kit. Fitment is absolute crap. Heck, the changes we have to make to get it to fit alone might even have cleared us of copying issues, even if mps existed.

I was thinking of changing the rear bumper to be unique. What do you guys think of this: i was thinking of using the cuda top for the rear, thus changing the license plate location to the top, then making the bottom flush without the cutout for the license plate. What do you guys think?

Also for the front bumper, I was thinking of making a cut out on the sides perhaps for the stock bumper lights that usually go in the front of the stock bumper....
Old 05-03-2003, 09:17 PM

Hmm, sounds good. The more rice...

Damnit...

The more LIGHTS, the better.

I did a Google search for MPS earlier and even had some friends look up in the Hangul search engines.

No dice. Just a little talk now and then about the K kits.

God, it would rule Yam. Really. The MPS front, Cuda sides, and some other rear. Hell, have someone photochop your idea for the rear so we's could have a gander.

How muchie we talkin bout here? In theory?
Old 05-04-2003, 07:06 AM

i was thinking of using the cuda top for the rear, thus changing the license plate location to the top, then making the bottom flush without the cutout for the license plate. What do you guys think?
IMO, the cuda rear bumper has THE BEST transition
from the bottom of the tailgate to the actual impact area. i'm not a fan of how the old zefiro kit is just a flat area there.

and i also really like the plate where the cuda has it. the only thing i don't like is how it's almost mandatory to have a dual exhuast for the kit to flow nicely.
just curious if there was any progress on the 2nd gen blitz kit?

[ May 04, 2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: phorq ]