Vendor Feedback Arena This forum allows customers to provide feedback about their vendor experiences. We encourage any complaints to be supported with transaction detail, pictures, and prior attempts to resolve the issue with the vendor BEFORE bringing it here. This is not for free reign ranting, legitimate feedback only.

Import Shark - hockeygod1225 rant

Old 03-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Import Shark - hockeygod1225 rant

This is going to be a long read but it is a warning to stay away from importshark.com I can provide Screenshots of all emails to back up this dialogue if need be. Do yourself favors, regardless of their prices do not order from them.

This is the dispute filed through Paypal

· 9/28/2011 17:12 PDT - Buyer: I just received my order today and I had several issues that i hope you can address. First which is not a big deal but i thought you should be aware. The inner turn signal modules had two of the bulb reflectors broken off. The second issue and the bigger problem is the led outer turn signal modules you sent me are not the ones posted on your site. You sent me These (Hyundai Sonata LED Headlight Reflector Module Set). When the ones pictured are these (S.Korea New Part/Accessory Hyundai YF Sonata LED Side Reflector Auto Accessories Lighting, Lamps LED null IP27871 Detail). I would appreciate your prompt attention in fixing this issue.AlsoNow that i am looking at the order the inner turn signal modules are not the correct ones either. This is what is pictured which are the same as these (Shark Racing). and these (Google Translate) and you sent me these. (Google Translate the inner and outer turn signal modules you sent me were for the Genesis Coupe not the 2011 yf Sonata like i ordered.Please respond ASAP with a resolution to this issue.

Their response

sales@importshark.com to me

show details Sep 28

Hello,

It appears that our warehouse worker sent you the LED modules for a

Genesis Coupe and not the Sonata. If you can please return the shipment

that you received, we can replace the items with the correct ones. Our

apologies for the inconvenience.

Their Response:

Hello,

We noticed that you mistakenly filed a Paypal claim for this order.

Please remove that IMMEDIATELY so we can proceed with assisting you on it

as per our earlier email.

My response:

PayPal recommends that i not remove the resolution until i receive the correct merchandise to protect myself. I apologize but i will remove the claim when the proper merchandise is received.

Their response:

show details Sep 28

We do not provide any assistance to customers who mistakenly or purposely

file Paypal claims.

Paypal only tells people not to remove it because they don't want to hear

any complaining if something goes sour. As you can see, we are not hiding

from anything--and if we wanted to rip someone off, we wouldn't ship

anything at all--or at least pull a scam for one of our $5000 orders and

not a $250 one.

Please remove the unnecessary claim and we will proceed.

My response:

I am only keeping it to protect myself. I will remove it once I receive the correct order. That is what paypal says to do. I did not request a refund through paypal I only sent you the issue through them. If you do not want to help me I will go back through paypal and request a refund claim be put in as well as forwarding them all these emails. I use paypal to make payments for a reason and that is to protect myself. Please work with me here and send me the correct merchandise and this will be resolved.

Their response:

show details Sep 29

Either way you will have to return the products you received. These can

be sent to the shipping address on the package.

MY Response:

I am still waiting on a way to send this package back to you. Should i be waiting for an RA number or something else?

Their response:

No RA number is needed. You can write your order # on the box: 14213010

My Response:

Xxxx xxxx to sales

show details Oct 7

I shipped the items back to you and the tracking says they arrived yesterday. When can i expect the new items to be shipped out?

Their reponse:

The order just started processing, so our Korean office will get the parts

here as soon as possible. It usually takes about 2 weeks.

· 10/17/2011 13:39 PDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

· 10/17/2011 13:39 PDT - Buyer: After sending this dispute through I still have not received my product. They said they would not deal with any customer who files a dispute through Paypal. I assured them i only wanted my product and i filed the dispute for my protection. I shipped by their incorrectly shipped products and was informed it would be at least another 2 weeks before they would have the correct product to ship me. Today is the last day to keep this dispute open so i am filing a claim to protect myself. I would really just like my money back at this point. I have all the emails to back this information up that i can provide. As i said they already said they would not do business with me unless i removed the dispute from Paypal. I don't believe this is good business on their part.

Their response:

show details Oct 17

If you do not want the products anymore, you can just say so. We don't

have to play childish games with Paypal here.

My response:

Childish games? I was sent an email from paypal that said today was the last day they would keep the issue open. They advised that if I had not received my product yet that I escalate it to a claim which I did. So far you guys have been quite rude to me the consumer. I did want your product but I should not have to be spoken to the way you guys have. I am a very large supporter of the sonata community on the web and have a lot of respect from the top 2 Hyundai Sonata forums online which make up thousands of people. Those people shall read a lengthy review of your company now and will not be ordering from you again. I even have my own products I have produced for the Sonatas and sell in my own online stores. I would never treat my customers this way. Yes now after your email I no longer want your product. Please refund me.

Results:

After that last email on October 17th Paypal emailed them several times to get them to confirm that they received the incorrect merchandise back on top of the tracking information. Paypal received no response and refunded me my money on Nov 6th.

Dear xxxx xxxxx,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your

favor. We were able to recover $277.76 USD and this amount has been credited to

you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to

recover the balance from the seller. If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed

to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the

seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account

privileges.

You have been warned!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Way to run a business like a butthurt 5 year old
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Paypal have terms and conditions. To ImportShark: If you use paypal to accept funds from customers, you are second to the customer and third to paypal. Not first.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Bravo for sticking to your guns. There are enough stories of people waiting too long (at the advice of this seller) and not being able to file a dispute/claim thru paypal and just being out their money when parts NEVER arrived. Good job, and good on paypal for protecting their customers as well.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 gencoupe

Good for you man, Import Shark pulled that sh*t with me, After 45 days you can not file a dispute with paypal, Conveniently IS wants you to wait it out, past the 45 days then play games and not want to refund you.