Vendor Feedback Arena This forum allows customers to provide feedback about their vendor experiences. We encourage any complaints to be supported with transaction detail, pictures, and prior attempts to resolve the issue with the vendor BEFORE bringing it here. This is not for free reign ranting, legitimate feedback only.

Import Shark - CrispedPenny Rant

Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Import Shark - CrispedPenny Rant

We will now be archiving people's rants about Import Shark due to the fact that if they get posted on GC, they are either being deleted or edited. So they will remain here unaltered, with free reign for people to discuss what ever they want pertaining to this vendor and many others....

Posted by CrispedPenny:

I ordered a carbon fiber snorkel and engine cover from mike @ Import Shark.

Mike was reluctant to send me the cover/snorkel due to my Chapter 11 affiliation being incorporated with our old pal Quartermaster.

He sends me the Cover ( came in great btw, maybe a few flaws but not complaining )

Lets me know on feb 16th the snorkel will be a few more weeks. Being patient as I am, I wait.. Till today the 4th of march.

He sends me a message calling out chapter 11 and Jim( quartermaster ).

refusing to send me the part. I asked him after to issue me the refund and ill cut my loss and he didnt respond.

Now its been over 45 days It cant be disputed over PayPal. Way to go Mike. All the good things ive said about you, and meeting you in person... this has really made me sour. I should have listend to everyone from the get go.

1.jpg

2.jpg
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Here is the conversation before it was redacted by Kamkaze. Kamkaze deleted all posts not made by CrispedPenny except for the one by fatnfly praising him.

Cliff Notes:

* Money sent Jan. 16 for CF snorkel and engine cover

* Engine cover shipped and received.

* Feb. 16, Import Shark says it will be a few more weeks and to wait.

* March 4, the DAY AFTER the PayPal dispute window closes, Import Shark says he will not fulfill the order because the buyer is affiliated with a specific person and car club.

Import Shark held his money for 45 days and then tells him he won't sell to him because he's affiliated with "Jim" -- after leading him on to wait for product until Day 46 when a PayPal dispute can no longer be filed.

Next time a vendor tells you to wait a few weeks before your order ships, BEWARE! This tactic may leave you high and dry and unable to file a PayPal dispute.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16782414/temp/IS_thread.pdf
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

While I don't know all the details with this story, it seems a little silly that a company that makes/sells parts for Genesis' doesn't want to sell those parts to all/any owners so they can make some $$$. Isn't that the point of running a business?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

This has happened before with other members in the past. They get a part or two but the others are missing. Or some members get their parts and others don't.

I don't understand how a business is run like an angry sibling that chooses not to do things. A business has the obligation to fulfill its duties.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

That importshark guy seems super duper butthurt, I saw his multi-paragraph post on facebook today. To be fair, no word on what the chapter 11 guy did to cause the fracas, but good lordy. Mr Carducci is confirmed for angry.

It doesn't matter who is mad at whom, Import Shark has CrispedPenny's money and has not exchanged it for goods nor services in over a month. That is objectively sh*t customer service.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2010 gencoupe

i dont see how someone else' actions reflect on what I did...
Old 03-06-2013, 05:02 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

He refunded it last night, what a coincidence!