Vendor Feedback Arena This forum allows customers to provide feedback about their vendor experiences. We encourage any complaints to be supported with transaction detail, pictures, and prior attempts to resolve the issue with the vendor BEFORE bringing it here. This is not for free reign ranting, legitimate feedback only.

DONT BUY FROM IMPORT SHARK!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8

Originally Posted by bdiggy
Hate all you guys want I guess, but 80% of my V mods are from Mike @ Import Shark, with zero problems or defects.I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the OP must be the Seth guy now being FB b*tch slapped by Hyundai Motor Club for posting this same link.......sorry, I actually like IS and will continue to buy there and support them. PS- They carry tons of Veloster stuff, both turbo and non.

You're lucky then because there have been too many cases and documented proof of other people having the opposite of your transactions and parts. I'm not Seth, but I know him and what he has been through with Mike. When you have lost hundreds (closer to a thousands actually) of dollars from companies like IS and SFR like I have, you tend to get very irritated and try to help people not go through what I had to go through. If that upsets the fan boys or these companies then what ever. People like me are not afraid to warn others. People can buy what ever they want from who ever they want. Some may have a pleasant buying experience, others not so much. If it was just a few things here and there where people were upset then thats one thing. But when you hear just about every day from people who get ripped off or received inferior parts without refunds then somebody somewhere needs to step in and let the community know that the possibility is there of what can happen. Its great to have places like this forum where people can discuss what happened and not worry about it being edited by Mike or mods like another forum I wont mention.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Old 05-16-2013, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Fair enough, and it may be the fact that I drove out and test fitted parts for them for the V.....tough to say. The only overseas delivery I ever had trouble with was a grill for my Elantra from EFUSA. Took over 3 months, but at least it fit. Never ordered from them again.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

A friend of mine ordered two CF products for the engine bay that work together, a CF engine cover and a CF intake snorkel. One without the other makes it look out of place. Mike shipped one after a few weeks, then told my friend to wait a few more weeks for the other to ship out. PayPal only lets a dispute be filed within 45 days. On day 46, Mike contacts him and says he's sorry he sent the first product and that he's decided he WON'T ship the second -- ONLY because of the 100+ member car club my friend is part of and the fact that Mike doesn't like the founder. After a public blasting on forums/facebook Mike partially refunded my friend, but he was still left with only half the order.

Mike also has legitimate products copied locally and sold under the guise that they are real. He sells the "Hannah" bumper (real name Hana) for lower than anyone else because it's a knock off made locally. The problem I have with this is that I have seen screenshots of discussions where he avoids telling people it's not the real authentic part but DOES say "it's made in the US" - claiming that alone is warning the customer it's not authentic b/c the real part is only made in Korea.

Customer: Is it the real kit?

Mike: It's made right here in the U.S.

Not answering yes or no, avoiding the question. Not lying, but not being direct. Being shady as F. That explains many of the interactions I've seen between him and others. A lot of people come to me for advice, and I've seen so much to make me never do business with that company. It's not just about his lack of customer service and tact, he's just a shady MF'r.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^ Exactly! It's all about business ethics, and I'm sorry to say but Mike has absolutely zero! He used to be a good dude and had a good company. But over the past 3-4 years, his ethic, product quality, and customer service went right out the window. And it gets worst week after week.