Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Zoned's New Tib (and The Story) *pics (no 56k)

Old 04-16-2006, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Alright guys, well I know I've been talking a lot about my "new red tib" and never really explained everything... Last summer there was a guy on this forum selling a stock 97 red tib in jersey for only $800. Some might remember.. Anyway, coincidentally I had had the week off of work, a friend willing to come with me and borrow me like $600, and supporting parents. We drove to Chicago and boarded the cheapest 6am flight from Chicago to Newark. Once we landed I saw the guy (Tim) who was holding up a cardboard sign with my name "Kabir" (lol, kinda funny people were probably like wtf) right outside the terminal. He was an awesome guy, drove about an hour from his house to Newark and picked us up. An hour later we got to his house, picked up the car, signed the title, etc etc.. and drove it away. This was one day before I turned 18, me and my best friend are a thousand miles from home buying me a new 5spd tib...later that summer he would leave for the navy for 4 years in Japan, so I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. Now, keep in mind I had never driven a stick before, so every once in awhile we would stop to eat he would teach me and we would circle parking lots and stuff, lol. Well eventually he got tired, and we didn't want to stop, so I drove. We got to a pretty busy tollway somewhere on the Ohio turnpike and it was pretty slow traffic when I killed it. Now, I never mentioned that when I bought this car the starter was bad, but "temporarily fixed," so it started a couple times when we stopped to eat, get gas, etc. but when I killed it in the middle of the road and I tried to start it again it wouldn't. People are honking and stuff, he gets outside in his sandals and starts trying to push start it (hes bigger than me lol so I figured I would sit inside and man the wheel), well I'm an idiot and it was in 3rd I thought it was in 1st...heh, basically we couldnt get it started. Pretty much half of Ohio is giving us dirty looks and honking and what not. Luckily there was one good guy, in a Hummer. He stopped and towed us through the tollway, then we waited on the side of the road for awhile and he towed us to get us going and we were finally able to pop start it (he did it this time..lol). Got to Chicago, picked up the blue tib we had parked there and drove home, not stopping at all from NJ - WI, we were both soo tired..lol.
So I owe about $600 to my friend and a some more to my parents for the plane tickets, etc. Basically I had no money when I started all of this, lol. I worked for a couple weeks and got some money from my graduation party + birthday. Went more in debt because I wanted to keep the shark spoiler, so I had to buy a new spoiler to put on the blue tib. I also had to get the fender painted before I sold it, so that cost a bit too. Didn't have too much luck selling it for awhile, then finally convinced my cousin to, plus this way I still see it once in awhile smile.gif. BTW guys, I sold it because it was an auto. After I finally sold it I paid off all the money I owed, and had some extra to throw into the red tib...so nonetheless, here's the pics of my new tib! (should probably update my sig now huh?)

Sorry about the quality..

I'm gonna try to update this later with some better pics later on if I can.

Few things you may not notice...

Korean OEM glass headlights .. look nice with them clear corners eh?
Dent in the front passenger fender .. it sorta blends in doesn't it? lol
Two little red lights on the left side of the steering column .. top is my rear foglight switch which controls my haloz in my car, bottom is the front foglight switch that I cut the wiring on and it controls my angel eyes cool.gif
Dual (OEM) hatch light mod
Odometer shows about 130k, but Tim had just put in a new motor/trans with only 60k .. hehehe
And that I really need gas, LOL

Big thanks to Tim, the guy I bought the car from for giving me such an amazing deal (wherever you are now), Jaws for spending so much time with me explaining what I was doing wrong when I first attempted to replace the starter, tibby01/Drivingtibnaked for help installing my haloz, Blacktibs for sending me free replacement red leds for my new tib, Ericy for giving me a good deal on those seats/brackets, Sparticus for selling me the spoiler at a great price that I put on the blue tib, Hobgoblin for importing me a rear foglight switch, Madjohn for the great deal on those headlights/corners, and 01roller for the cheapest airram/bbtb combo deal, and the rest of the RDT community fing02.gif

So yeah, this is the new zoned wink1.gif
Old 04-16-2006, 08:25 PM

looks like a good start. Youre a dumbass for going all the way to Jersey though to pick it up wink1.gif But looks like it was worth the money.

So whatever became of the altezzas from the blue tib? You know Im looking for a pair.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

$800? Holy shit.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think this all worked out for you for a reason. I mean, there was a 5 speed tib for sale that was cheap, you had a week off, you had a best friend who lent you money and was willing to go with you..man that was no coincidence lol that was fate and luck.

I cant believe you drove nonstop from NJ to WI! If Im driving from Buffalo to NJ..once Im like 10 miles from my house Im dying to get out the car lol.

One question though, why didnt you do an auto to manual swap on your blue tib? Still, I think the tibby you got looks great and you got a bargain.

Good luck! fing02.gif
Old 04-16-2006, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

your car is comin along. nice engine bay!

and at least that spoiler found a good home smile.gif
Old 04-16-2006, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Very nice. The interior is amazing looking, on of the bests Ive seen. Good deal on it too.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:11 PM

Damn! Lucky guy. You always seem to get the great deals. The tib is rockin.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:13 PM

looks good man, keep it coming !!

btw, your the asshole who wouldnt get going through that turnpike that one day... (haha) im jk with you bro.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:28 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

awesome man fing02.gif . Your tiburon looks great! I think it's time for me to start looking at LEDs in my vents. I will definately be doing a dual light mod. Something must Illuminate the other side of my trunk when i go with blue LEDs.
I wish i could say more... fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif
Old 04-16-2006, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000

congrats on the great find