Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

What To Do? Project Begining

Old 06-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

headers are perfectly fine. just used.

i would NOT get that hood though. those things are pieces of crap.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:51 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The Fuzion are 400 treadwear A traction A temperature. 400 > 360
Old 06-12-2008, 08:58 PM

The header looks rough, agreed, but I'm not figuring on making a show car, so as long as they still work, I'm okay with them.

SOCKS, you made me notice that the hood pic wasn't exactly a hood pic. Doesn't look like I can update it now, so here it is, hopefully correct this time. What are the issues with the hood? This whole package is coming together (its why he's selling to me instead of any of the peicemeal offers he got), so I don't really want to try to break stuff up.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Banned

yeah, i went on your photobucket and looked at that pic..

that hood looks faded for one.

the hoods are made with like one layer of CF.. you can see through most of them.. not a very good hood IMO.. some look nice, but thats after some work, and new clearcoat..
Old 06-13-2008, 06:11 AM

It's not offen you see an actually 4-1 header.. Nice.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I hear those are supposed to be the best for the RPM range of the autos.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jun 12 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, i went on your photobucket and looked at that pic..

that hood looks faded for one.

the hoods are made with like one layer of CF.. you can see through most of them.. not a very good hood IMO.. some look nice, but thats after some work, and new clearcoat..</div>

eh if the cf is ugly paint it red!

how much are you getting that package for, if it's under a 900 its a GREAT deal. under 1100 good deal.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 PM

^^^ Yeah, that's what I was thinking about the CF too. It's not a new hood by any means, but it's hard to tell just how much its faded from the pics I got.

The colors all seem a little muted in the hood pics, like it was a grey day out when he took them. There was a bunch of work done on the hood when it was first purchased, although I don't remember what all it was now. I do remember that there was a bunch of clear coats on it tho.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>how much are you getting that package for, if it's under a 900 its a GREAT deal. under 1100 good deal.</div>
Lets just say its a fvckin AWESOME deal, considering everything included, especially since there are a few other things I'll be getting that I didn't list. They're more minor than these parts, but still. The biggest pain will be shipping, tho, but even with that included, I'm pleased with it.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 AM

Okay, I originally said that I had several ideas that I was waiting to post on, so here they are. I'm definitally feeling out opinions and looking for advice here, so Tell me what you think.

Paint: (most of the car's paint is in good shape, except it was keyed along the drivers side, and the front bumper has some chips along the lower lip)
option one: repaint the exterior dark red metalflake. I think this would be a nice color, and would not stand out as much. Esp. with the CF hood.
option two: Touch up the bright red, and paint the CF Hood the same red so it doesn't stick out so much due to its contrast. I'm leaning towards this option currently.

new antenna, mine is bent. possibly a shortie annodized aluminum (red) antenna.

Windows: Windsheild needs reglued, would like to tint the windows as well.

GT Lip kit & skirts? Dunno if I'm up for the price with shipping and all, but that lip looks amazing, and its price is worth it.

Hood Lifters: These look like they'd be really handy, but I'll probably be swapping CF to Stock hood during the winter. Does anyone know if its possible to get extra brackets to switch, or is that even practical?

CAI is a definite.

Voltage stabilizer & replace ground connections with larger gauge wire.

New plug wires.

Possibly BBTB... I'd like to keep cruise though.

Would it be a good plan to upgrade/replace my struts when I put the drop springs in?

Poly engine mounts.

Better Radiator fans

Catch can: Home Depot ala Cheap model.

There's no way I could do all this at once, so budget/time/availability will play a role in this project. That's most of the thoughts I've had for my project so far, though.
Okay, have at it, tell me what you think!