Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

What To Do? Project Begining

Old 06-12-2008, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so I’d like to see if I can get a few opinions about what I should do with my tib. Right now, she’s basically stock, but I am already working on getting a package deal with quite a few parts. I found an ad on Craigslist a while back from a guy who’s tib got totaled. Here are some of the parts from that deal:

Shark Racing evo-style CF Hood
SR euro-style taillights, w/out lenses, painted tropical green
16” Rota Circuit 8 wheels
B&G 1.75” drop springs
Sprint Camber kit
SR Rear strut brace
SR Short throw shifter
SR 4-1 Header-Downpipe
Clear corners

I’ve got pics of most of this stuff if anyone wanted to see them.

I don’t want the car to look too crazy; I’d like it to be a bit more subtle. I’d like to do a bit of performace, styling, and stereo upgrades over time, but my budget won’t support all those at once. Here's a pic of the car as is:

I’ve already got a few ideas in mind as to what would be fun to do or what would look nice on the car, but I’d like to hear some suggestions before I indclude them. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Shark Racing evo-style CF Hood - depending on possible fading

16” Rota Circuit 8 wheels - any curb rash?
B&G 1.75” drop springs - how many miles on install?
SR Rear strut brace
SR 4-1 Header-Downpipe- depends on how it looks
Clear corners

that is what i would look at
Old 06-12-2008, 06:33 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok, let's see. What would look good on your car?

Tinted windows. I think they would look good on your car and the summer is comming... I know it just snowed, or so my brother in Missoula said, but Summer's comming soon.

You might need new tread to go with the rims. A set of Bridestone HRI will work fine. They go up to 135MPH (ludicris speed in a tib), they look nice, they handle well, and they last a long time. Price for value, you can't get much better for a good looking tire. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...o%3D2&fgtp=

You'll either need to repaint those tails, or you can go ahead and get a set of tail light covers from K-SPEC. They'll be alot darker without chrome behind them. I'd paint them red with spray paint and then apply the covers with silicone http://www.kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=83&ai_id=1267

You will want a front strut bar more then just a rear. Get it, trust me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01-Hyund...sspagenameZWD1V

I'd like to see those pix. Also, get some more mountain pix mang. It's been a long time since I've seen mountains.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 PM

opps, didn't explain that quite right... All the parts were listed on Craigslist, sold together. I'm looking to buy that whole package. Sorry about that.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:00 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Buy it. Do what I said. Most of that is stuff you'll have to get to go with it anyways.

Now that I think about it, you've been looking at this kit since you've been here. Is it even still there? I was under the impression that you had paid and were waiting on parts. You have it listed in your garage.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:37 PM

Yeah, I know about the timing thing.... The dude's got two kids, and this, and something else, and blah, blah blah.... It's been a pain trying to get coordinated with him, cause one of us is always busy. I basically gave up on him over the weekend because we hadn't made progress in so long, emailed him, and told him to contact me if he changed his mind. I guess I kickstarted the whole deal back up again! I got him to call me Tuesday, and the deal is still on.

Agreed on the window tints, and yep it snowed here too. I wasn't too excited, but at least it didn't stick for long.

Thanks for the suggestion on bridgestones. I've got a set of 15" snow tires, and my goal is to have winter/summer tires between the two sets of rims.

For the tails, I'm thnking I might sell the green ones: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=27724

Thanks for the Strut link too.

I'll see if I can post up some of the parts pics shortly. The mountains are crazy green right now... its been so wet here this spring. If the clouds go away, I'll see if I can get some pics of those too.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Or you can always get this strut bar: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...p3756.m20.l1116

And if you are looking for some begining mods get a CAI.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

yea cai is a must, even an ebay one, i got mine from chrome intakes on ebay, it was only $30 for the whole thing filter and all, and dynoed the car before and after added 9 hp, dtn 135 is ludicrious in a tib? on my kuhmos i have hit more than that in the snow and had no problems fing02.gif ... so far
Old 06-12-2008, 08:19 PM

^^^ says the dakotian. j/k Really though, I don't plan on pushing the car speedwise. I'll look for a bit more power, but I'm not racing the car, and don't need to push my luck with any more speeding tickets. An Ebay special CAI definitely sounds good tho, as I don't think I'd really need a name brand for it.

Thanks Tib001. I think I like the first strut brace a bit more, but that one is a lot cheaper. I'd agree w/ CAI. I want to keep my car NA, so it looks like that will be my best option.

Here's the pics. Sorry it took a while, GMail was taking its time to download everything.

Hood:

Wheels:

Springs:

Strut Brace:

Header:

Corners:
Old 06-12-2008, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

if you can afford to get everything except the header i would do that. the header looks "rode hard and put away wet" IMHO.

what DTN recommended for tires is a good choice but if you have a Hankook dealer check out their K106 tires. 360 treadwear, traction A rating wear rating A.

195/50/15 were 78 a tire mounted at my tire guy, not bad. i rotate my tires when i do a oil change and the wear is even on all four.

the 15's are on my ex-gf's car, which i still take car of. i have 17's in the same tire and they show the same wear.