Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Vehicle: 2012 Elantra Limited

Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Wait, so you're saying there is NO spare tire!? Seriously?

That would be something that would STOP me from buying this car. I hope the new Sonata wagons come with a spare. I've almost convinced my wife to buy/drive a station wagon. I figure by the time they are released in Canada I'll have her convinced it's the best choice for us and our family. LOL!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

Originally Posted by pas1216
Wait, so you're saying there is NO spare tire!? Seriously?

Apparently they give you a can of slime and an air compressor in the trunk instead. I haven't looked under the trunk tray and the mat. It's just too much hassle if I don't need to be in there. The dealership told me I could purchase the spare tire separately. I was like hell no. I got the new tire warranty that Hyundai offers instead. Besides if you really wanted the tire, I'm sure you could get them to throw it in. But make sure the numbers are written down first before you mention throwing it in. I don't know why I didn't think of that. My dealership is giving me 2 years of free maintenance so I can't complain too much.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 AM

So I have been brainstorming some ideas about Alexander. I love the whole Red and Black thing.

Here's what I love about this MD (the last red MD):

1) The dark window tint

2) I believe that's a carbon fiber roof

3) The Rims (I will be putting my Drags back on)

4) Blacked out bottom grill

Here's what I don't like:

1) The top grill with the trim on around it painted to match the car is ugly. I wouldn't get that painted. I would leave it flat black.

2) Chrome handles

Once I get the black bottom grill, I will add these.

http://kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=241&ai_id=3384

These headlights are sick. Strike that, this grey MD is sick!

Ideas? Dislikes? Agreements?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

The lip is really nice, I'm all for that. I can't say much for the looks of these new cars (I'm stuck in the 90's). I don't buy into those led strip daytime running lights, and I think you should keep the factory lights the way they are. The grill on the gray car is a step up.

I'm chiming in to say that your review is the best review I've read in a long time (a lot of European magazines highlight pros and cons in the way you have defined), and thank you very much for outlining your impressions. I find the cons absolutely shocking and disappointing, such as no spare tire????, or decreased fuel tank size. That's sort of a gimmick to get people to buy their warranty, and a function downgrade from a decade ago.

a can of slime and an air compressor in the trunk instead.

That stuff literally eats rubber. Granted, a plugged tire won't last very long, but still I'd rather have a spare tire. What if your tire is pierced, ripped, or cut? Air 'aint gonna do any good... Selling a vehicle without a spare tire should be illegal.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Originally Posted by iheartmyredcar
2) 8000k Low Beam HIDs (I went to install my kit from my 08 Elantra last week but the 2012's require a relay because the computer is too smart. The computer kills the power to the low beams once the engine turns on because it is pulling more wattage then if it was the stock setup. The relay is here, I just need to install them for good now.)

I just installed my HIDs and I'm having the same problem (04 Accent). I ordered the relay, should that fix my problem? Did it fix yours? I'm sure I have it wired correctly.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:21 PM

No I still cannot get my HIDs to work even with the relay. I'm going to order an antiflicker thinger.

Window tint has been put on! It's dark and I love it!

20% on the sides / 5% + an additional 20% on the rear window.

The additional 20% was added because this guys tint at 5% I felt was not as dark as my 08's was.