Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

UrS0NvS' Rd2 "the Build"

Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Date: April 20, 2009
Time: 5:30 p.m. CST

The build has started,finally! I have aquired enough parts in the last two years of being a RDT member that i felt it was time to start throwing these parts in. Most people i know buy a piece and put it on. I wanted to do a build where i had every possible part I need so I can do it all at once and not have to do it again, at least...not until I go all "Boost Nazi" next year.

the mileage on the car as it sits right now. ( bought it Feb. 9th 2007 w/ 34k and change on the OD)

car completely gutted two hours later

parts all over the place in this pic, but were stored later in a car packed inside the building. Erika looking all tired in this pic cause she just got done working a 11 hour shift, then checked her messages to find out that she had to drive another 20 miles out of her way to come get my azz,lol.

A little info about my car that some of you may not know.

this is the way it looked like when i bought it...

not bad, but it was a true F&F reject that atracted too much attention, mainly the "evil redneck" attention which i didnt want.

as of right now the whole bodykit is off because it literally wasnt worth it, wasnt a quality kit and the damn ebay ricer wing would shake the hatch to death.

so anyways, here i am today. A apartment full of parts...

lol, thank god i have a spare bedroom.

the rims: konig twilite matte grey w/ red lip 17x7 40 offset

full YAYA poly bushing kit

KYB AGX struts with Eibach pro spring kit strusts set on setting "3" out of 4 with kjb sway bar endlinks

full Apexi catback exhaust mated with a Megan Header

lip kit that will be fully molded to the car

CF evo hood

full sound deadening of the interior

the system two sets of boston acoustics SL60 pro series w/ jl audio 8w3 8 ohm subs. on its way is a jl audio 500.5 amplifier to power everything.

bunch of other stuff not pictured.

tomorrow the car will be driven 1 mile from where it sits now to have all the windows cut out. we are going with a completely different color scheme. i have it narrowed down to 4 different schemes right now, no nee to wory about it till all the bodywork is done.

after car gets back with no windows, engine dismantling will be next on the hitlist along with tearing out all the suspension. that is all for now, wish me luck!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Very nice stuff!

I am curious how easy are those YAYA bushings to replace, and what kind of equipment is needed, you should do a DIY smile.gif
Old 04-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

nice... i'm likin' it so far.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 PM

most of the stuff for the yaya kit is fairly simple Radu, take one off, put one on. i can do a DIY, n/p.

i think that is why many people dont buy it cause the instructions are in korean and are very faint for even korean. but if you look at most of the pieces, they are mostly plug and play.

one thing that isnt shown in my sound deadening is that i filled the rear quarter panels with fiberfill (pillow stuffing) from wally world, cost like 15 bux a 20 lb. bag of it. the final thing i did also was to fill the rear vents with spray in foam to stop all the dust from flying in. the riubber flaps on my vents had all fell off so when i went down dirt roads, it was horrible. with all the dampening i have done it is crazy quiet, i love it.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

LOL, I have the Yaya kit and it was a pita to install: taking the old ones out involved torching them first. Anyhow, it is well worth it. Handling improves a lot, and it feels like a quality European - non ruttling ride.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 PM

^^^ use a hydraulic press next time with proper bushing collets, takes no time. fing02.gif
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Coming along nicely. I think I'm due too for some new pics as well lol.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

it has began...now hurry up and finish drillsergeant.gif

i wish i had the luxury to to do it all at once, but being in military hurts that idea, cuz needing my car everyday...

would take wifey's car but with having a young son...does not seem like a good idea
Old 04-21-2009, 07:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Glad to see you making changes for the better on your tib...it looked awful with that wing. It's gonna look really nice when your all done, COTM worthy I'm sure. The body work always seems to be the worst part IMO. I keep giving up on mine because every time I get things sanded smooth and primed I hit a new pothole and damage something else.

When you ripped off the sideskirts were they molded/fiberglassed on or just fastened? Mine have been glassed on and I kinda want to rip them off and go back to stock but I was wondering if it's more work to go back to the stock body then to just sand and smooth a kitted body. How was your experience man? Do you have any pictures of the kit coming off and being cleaned up?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

nice man, how much fun was the deadening? lol