Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Upgraded Complete Exhaust

Old 07-17-2006, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Not feeling the tips, or the fact that you went 4-2-1 then back to 2, so your exhaust goes 4-2-1-2, not the best for performance.

Also what the heck is a catalisator? lol lmao.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hive)</div><div class='quotemain'>...stock catalisator removed and...</div>
Old 07-17-2006, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

looks hot man!! i'm totally into that. i just wonder if it performs and sounds well.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Jul 17 2006, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>so you installed a dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder and you wernt lookin for looks?</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Jul 17 2006, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Not feeling the tips, or the fact that you went 4-2-1 then back to 2, so your exhaust goes 4-2-1-2, not the best for performance.

Also what the heck is a catalisator? lol lmao.gif</div>

Those guys said it all. You will have some eventual issues with that setup, dualies on a 4 banger, not the brightest thing you could have done.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Jul 17 2006, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>so you installed a dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder and you wernt lookin for looks?</div>

well I have to admit, I really like those tips and the placement looks good. and I've never said that about dual on a tib.

as far as the performance aspect he really shouldn't see any difference from a single to dual. that cat and the 4-2-1 are going to make all the backpressure he needs. looks like it even splits after the muffler. purely for looks thing.

edit: he does say mufflers though....
Old 07-18-2006, 02:35 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Jul 17 2006, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>so you installed a dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder and you wernt lookin for looks?</div>

When I said looks i meant only looks of the header and the engine bay(please read my post carefully I said that: "I wasn't going for the looks of the engine but performance and performance i have got"). Of course I am interested into looks but looks of the car on the road. I am not interested into polishing the engine and make it look good and then show of an pop my hood up every now and then. I am interested into improving the machine performance and if I can do that with an ugly looking but nice performance header than so be it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 18 2006, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>looks hot man!! i'm totally into that. i just wonder if it performs and sounds well.</div>

It sounds great (will make a sound clip and post it) and performance is so much better.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 18 2006, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Those guys said it all. You will have some eventual issues with that setup, dualies on a 4 banger, not the brightest thing you could have done.</div>

Ok this is your thought Redz. But the shop that does this has done the similar setup on more than one car and until now no one has been having any problems. So why do u think I should have some. Quite interested into that info.

As for the mufflers it was my mistake (english is not my first langugage nana.gif ) This is a dual exhaust. Although I wanted just one a guy who engineers those has suggested that this is the better way of doing it. As I am always more inclined to believe to the people who do this kind of things for the living (especially if they do this for the same amount of cash and not trying to raise the price of the whole damn thing). So I went for it and made no regrets about it. PErformance of the car is so much better that none of your "complaints" can tell me otherwise. Ok if it proves in the future that I will have problems I will admit it and say that I was wrong but until then guys I just think that this is a good setup.

As for the hole on the header I have checked that and there is no hole or anything similar that hing just looks on the photo as it has been welded improperly. All the welds are great had them checked by an independent "welding master" and he said that the job has been done great. It just looks crappy on the photos due to my great experience as a photo reporter :-P

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLK2KTIB @ Jul 17 2006, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LOL, good eye CDOGTIBBY1. Those tips look like they way alot, are they solid steel?</div>

Nope they just look that way. They are actually quite lite compared to some aftermarket ones I held in my hands.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jay-M @ Jul 17 2006, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>looks good.. but take a pic of the whole thing underneath the car if you've got a chance</div>

Will do as soon as I get the chance (think it will be by the end of the week).
Old 07-18-2006, 02:57 AM

Guys we are here to help and give a good advice to each other and not to spit on others work
Old 07-18-2006, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
No one spit on anyone's work, it's called constructive criticism.

The deal is, 4 Cylinder engines don't have the need for that much exhaust clearance. The mufflers look great, don't get me wrong, I really like the tips, very perty, but the thing that you need to realize is how "backpressure" works.

Imagine having a HUGE straw in your mouth, like 1 inch in diameter, and trying to blow through it. The air comes through very slowly. Now put a normal sized straw in your mouth and blow, it comes through much faster, and it's actually easier to blow through it that way. Now put a coffee stirrer straw in your mouth and blow through it. The air comes out REALLY fast, but it's very hard to blow through it. This is the concept you are looking at. If the gasses coming from your exhaust have low velocity, you will lose power. You want to keep the velocity higher, and a dual exhaust just won't do that. Yes, you could attempt to put 2 smaller pipes on it and run it that way, but again, stick 2 smaller straws in your mouth and blow. It's still not the same.

There is a sticky about exhausts in our forums here, don't quite remember where, but you should read it.

And of COURSE the performance is better than stock, the stock exhaust SUCKS ASS. That's like trying to blow air through a kinked and small straw, then replacing it with a new unbent straw of the same size. Performance will increase. YOU said that you were going for performance, not looks, but that's the only reason to do dual exhaust's on a 4 Cylinder engine, for looks. It adds weight, it slows exhaust velocity, and increases resistance.

Do some reading, and do some searching about dual exhausts on a NA engine.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Looks good. I would have went with 4-1, but that's just me...And those tips do "look" great.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 18 2006, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^^

And of COURSE the performance is better than stock, the stock exhaust SUCKS ASS. That's like trying to blow air through a kinked and small straw, then replacing it with a new unbent straw of the same size. Performance will increase. YOU said that you were going for performance, not looks, but that's the only reason to do dual exhaust's on a 4 Cylinder engine, for looks. It adds weight, it slows exhaust velocity, and increases resistance.

Do some reading, and do some searching about dual exhausts on a NA engine.</div>

Ok will do some research on that. wink1.gif

When I said I was going for performance and not looks it was in the part of the post where I was debating a header not exhaust. As for the dual exhaust it is here more for the looks of the overall car than real performance beater. Basically, every part mod has been done partially for other reason.

Anyway, I talked with the exhaust shop guys and here is what they say: header and pipings used gave me an additional 15-20% (or maybe 5% less then they say) more power as engineered by them over the stock setup(Exact increase will be seen after I lower the head (or the engine block - will see yet) and put in the Unichip piggyback). Piping used did compensate dual exhaust and if there was just one exhaust there would be some improvement over this setup but not so great that it should be noticed as i notice it now when moved from stock. So, U are right it would be a bit better putting a single exhaust but as I said when the engine bay is in question the looks of it do not interest me (yes I clean it whit stuff from time to time but i do not polish anything to look nice and shiny in the engine bay) but when the overall looks on the road is in question it simply looks and sounds better with this dual exhausts then with the single one and I have still gained some power over stock setup.

So, I am happier this way cause I gained power over the stock car and the car looks better then the stock. I am planning some more modding to the engine which will give me some additional needed power. As planned with my "engine upgrade master" lmao.gif after all of the upgrades I should gain 35-40% over the stock performance. That's is enough for me wink1.gif
Old 07-18-2006, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

a 20% increase over stock to the wheels would mean you got about 24hp from the exhaust

im sayin you probably got about a third of that total for the entire exhaust

BUT with dual exhausts you add more weight....