Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Update's To My $25 Probe Lx

Old 01-14-2008, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anyone remember's the probe i bought for $25 bux awhile back. ive been driving it all winter, and so far have been real happy with it.

here's when i 1st got it and posted pic's here.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?act=pos...=15&t=22091

its at 238k mile's, doesnt leak anything or smoke, and i abuse the crap out of it. lol.

i spent $25 bux on it. and probably about $2K in maintence, and all the mod's are thing's i had laying around not being used. there's still alot more that will be going on when i have time to do it.

mod's so far.

97pgt chrome swirley wheels
225/50/16 tires
B-pillar bar
dutch 1 piece front strut tower bar
accel coil
hacked civic intake
Pheno intake spacers
in dash 7 inch flip out touch screen dvd player
90-92 leather wrapped steering wheel
short throw shifter
mustang leather shift boot
9mm high temp accel wire's
high temp plug wire boot's
OEM 1st gen GT exhaust
89 mx6 GT seats
89PGT rear tail lights
optima red top battery

(if you look at the engine pic's, you will see ive been wire tucking and shaving the engine bay slowly. 90% of the back firewall has been cleaned up, and i relocated the throttle cable out of sight. plus lost most of the bullshit brackets, and cleaned up the drivers side strut tower area where the coil, and fuel filter mount.)

Old 01-14-2008, 07:07 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Not a fan of getting probed but a nice car none the less. The one you had in your garage when I was at your place was bad ass, not to mention your housemate`s. By the way, I did get lost on my way back home and almost wound up in Chicago.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I remember when you first got that car. That thing was too easy to fix and drive off. You've done some good work to it man!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:15 PM

the probe in the garage is a long time project/obsession/money pit. lol

roommate's probe should be nice since he could have purchased a Z06 for the money he's got into it! lmao.gif

i have zero intrest in any mx6/probe's that are not turbo'd stock. BUT! i cant turn down any manual car for $25 bux that has a clean interior and body.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

man you have really cleaned that thing up. hopefully it will stay workin for ya another 50-60k, that would be one bad ass ford if it could make it to 300k
Old 01-14-2008, 10:35 PM

^
the hearts all mazda, so i dont doubt it. 200K is the average mileage of these on the forums, and most are still on there original motor. 300K+ one's arent unheard of either. they are a great drivetrain.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Did that $25 include a full tank of gas? If so, good deal!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Jan 15 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^
the hearts all mazda, so i dont doubt it. 200K is the average mileage of these on the forums, and most are still on there original motor. 300K+ one's arent unheard of either. they are a great drivetrain.</div>

lol thats right i cant believe that came outta me, i must have been crushed last night. the probes/mx6 are 100% mazda designs right?? i just got done arguing with someone last week about that. i was like "naw my dude in IL loves them and they aint no shitty fords." nana.gif
Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 PM

it had gas, but it was 6 year old gas.... so it wasnt good, and it smelled even worse... lol

the probes all mazda. the designers were from mazda, and it was built at a mazda plant. the plant to this day builds the mazda6 on the same assembly line. its the exact same car as a mazda mx6. just a different body. even the floor pans are identicle! lol