Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

updated pics of my car at work

Old 03-14-2005, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill)</div><div class='quotemain'>What's the NACA duct on the hood supply air to? SRAI?</div>

That ugly duct will not be there in the near future....quit clownin' smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaws021)</div><div class='quotemain'></div>

Are those rear quarter panel vents the "new thing" in LA....jp, they look sick!

oh and.....CLOSE YOUR DOORS! I'm starting to get jealous... 02.gif
Old 03-14-2005, 01:22 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

nice car, let us know when yall be sportin that new hood
Old 03-14-2005, 01:22 PM

^^^ I would have to assume for looks and not much else.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I want the side skirts.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'>That ugly duct will not be there in the near future....quit clownin' smile.gif

Are those rear quarter panel vents the "new thing" in LA....jp, they look sick!

oh and.....CLOSE YOUR DOORS! I'm starting to get jealous... 02.gif</div>

Dude...those "rear quarter panel vents" are stock in Korea...they're the tiburon/turbulence OEM side skirts that you can get from any vendor online. I know speedstate.com has them.

Ugly duct? I'd school you on NACA ducts, but you people aren't worth the time anymore. wink1.gif
Old 03-14-2005, 03:15 PM

i dont see anything 02.gif
Old 03-14-2005, 03:30 PM

pics not workin for me either......Jaws, can you upload them to photobucket?? or just change them to links??

And to correct AC, the Turby skirts are in their last production run.......
So no, you can Not <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>get from any vendor online.</div>
A couple of ppl are talking about getting a set to copy them for us.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'd school you on NACA ducts</div>
AC, lose the condescending attitude.
Some of us DO know what they are and what they are designed to do.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>but you people aren't worth the time anymore.</div>
If thats the way you feel about this site, I can arrange a permanant ban.

Sorry about that Jaws. But I'm tired of AC's attitude.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:00 PM

Not to go off topic, but if you feel that I've broken any rules and regulations on this forum, PM me. You're just contributing to off-topic posts, which as a mod/admin, you know is a "no-no".

If you know what a NACA duct is, then congrats for you. Other people are not endowed with this knowledge. If my statements are a way of attacking you, then I'm sorry if you don't understand certain concepts of a car. If it doesn't apply to you, then I don't see why you would be offended. And last I checked, anyone who posts pics of their car in showroom/exterior/interior, then they shouldn't expect positive criticism from everyone; it's open season on their cars.

As for the sideskirts, I'm sorry I don't follow up on body panels that people sell.

But Jaws, definitely want to see follow-ups on any more mods to the engine (i.e. w/the turbo).

A quick aside: NACA ducts use the slower moving air that "clings" to the body of the car (aka boundary layer) and sucks it into the the intake opening. And by changing width and depth, you allow varying air flow. Might as well explain it.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill)</div><div class='quotemain'>What's the NACA duct on the hood supply air to? SRAI?</div>

No, it's a vent, to pull heat out of the engine bay. Come on man, you know everything don't you?

eyeroll.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dude...those "rear quarter panel vents" are stock in Korea...</div>

No, they aren't. They were OEM on the Type R Turbulence in Korea. Not on all of them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>you can get from any vendor online. I know speedstate.com has them.</div>

Sorry, wrong. No one sells them except for Importshark.com, and that's just the few they have that are used. Some will be getting copied soon thru Rick. Speedstate doesn't have them on their site, so you are wrong. TeamSR.org doesn't have them, neither does Shark Racing, and neither does Hyundaiperformance. Kspec doesn't have them, HDK is pretty much not around and doesn't have them, and neither does Mussa.

APC also does not have them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Ugly duct? I'd school you on NACA ducts, but you people aren't worth the time anymore. wink1.gif</div>

Then feel free not to grace RDtiburon.com with your presence.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not to go off topic, but if you feel that I've broken any rules and regulations on this forum, PM me.</div>

Sorry newb, it doesn't work that way. You get warnings instead. I've been pretty lenient on you as I wanted to see if you'd straigten up and fly right, but since you just want to be an ass all the time and you don't help anything, you will be on my list. You are at 8 warning points right now. Try me. BTW, you should get a auto PM when you get warned, make some space in your PM box. You'll need it.

:drillserg laugh.gif:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You're just contributing to off-topic posts, which as a mod/admin, you know is a "no-no".</div>

No, he was telling you nicely to cut your normal shit out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>As for the sideskirts, I'm sorry I don't follow up on body panels that people sell.</div>

They are sideskirts, not body panels. If you don't know for sure, then don't claim stuff. Makes you look like more of an idiot.

Watch your P's and Q's, because I am.

ziplip.gif
Old 03-14-2005, 04:43 PM

You work at Playboy?? LOL

What kinda wheels are those? They look kinda like mine.

And I reeaaaaaaaaaaaally wanna come to LA now, hahaha

screw this noreaster snow bullsh!t

laugh.gif: