Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Update On My Tib...

Old 12-06-2007, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 tiburon

I havent posted up anything about my car in a long time, but I guess it is prolly time to...

Well in the beginning of august this year, we had a huge hail storm and my car got hit... hard. My dad runs a body shop, so I am kind of lucky, but its still sad...

Attachment 298

That was just my window, the rest of the car had major damage too... My dad estimated it to be almost $5,000 in damage. Worst thing is that I only have liability insurance, so I couldnt afford the prices to fix it at the time. If I would have had full coverage, the car would have been totalled out. Anyways, the hail damaged both front and rear windows enough that they had to be replaced, and about a million dents ranging from golf ball sized to baseball sized.

Attachment 299

Both windows were replaced right away, but costed $500 for rear window and $300 for front... (this is with discount....) My dad was generous enough, because they were so busy with hail damage that a pdr guy was in their shop, that he had my roof pdr'd for me, and he said that was 1600 for that, but it was a gift to me... so now and this is how my car is currently, i only have a bad hood, fender, and 2 dents in hatch. But atm I have fenders off, and am fixing them myself... Which brings me to the next bad news...

I was in auto at school, and it was time to leave, i get in my car to back it out, and as i am moving, i hear clunk, clunk, clunk... i stop, get out, and take a look around to find this...
[attachment=513:n5057132...121_9222.jpg]

Now i have my motor pulled, to fix the tranny, put a new timing belt on, and a new clutch... but while i have all that out, i decided to do a wiretuck, so this is how my car is sitting as of right now...
[attachment=514SCI0110.JPG]

and coilovers raised for winter... lol
Attachment 300