Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Turbo Timer In Dash, Stage 1. And New Wideband Spot.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, well i was totally sick of having both my wideband AND my turbo timer sitting on top of the steering wheel column, so i stopped being lazy and starting to change its position.

i took out my dash yesterday, so this was the perfect time to start the easy small project..

i figured i really dont need a clock in my car, since theres not only a clock on my radio but a clock on my cell phone..

so i took the clock out, and i am going to have the turbo timer display where the clock was...

not only that, i will be drilling a small hole, same size as the hour/minute buttons, and use one of the buttons to push the power button on the turbo timer.. so itll almost look stock..

heres some pics of the fitting or everything. i am going to trim the inside of the clock frame so that GREDDY can be read and it wont sacrifice the looks of it at all.

i am going to use something else to hold the clock face to the turbo timer, no zip ties, lol.

i am also going to make sure the turbo timer display is square in the clock face so it looks right.

and i am going to trim down the power button a bit, but so i can still press it with my finger and dont need a pen or anything.

i also have decided to move the wideband to the center of the steering column and cut a whole in the column and the plastics of under the column so the wideband can sit a lil lower and be out of the way of my other gauges..

again, this isnt done and i will be repainting everything and when the new dash is in, itll all look better.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

nate, im getting sick of you doing everything before me. i think im going to put my apexi timer where my clock is
Old 03-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

lol, speed up on ur shyt young padawan.. everytime i have an idea, you have the same one.. god dammit...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:21 PM

DANG!!!! thats where i was gonna put my AMP. Timer lol.

joke.gif

on a more serious note; looks good and very creative.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Mar 6 2007, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>nate, im getting sick of you doing everything before me. i think im going to put my apexi timer where my clock is</div>
but then if he didnt, you would be copying me wink1.gif

i did that in my probe about 4-5 years ago.

looks really good man. clean installs are the way to go.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:11 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've been talking about this on the forum for some time now. I've wanted to put a few 8segment displays behind the clock because i already have a clock on my radio. I would like to find a controller to display different values back there, like batt voltage, custom text, and other things.

If you need some blue filter material i can drop some in the mail for you. Just paypal me $2 and I'll send more then enough.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:38 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

Looks damn good, nice job. fing02.gif
Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

keep them ideals rollomg homie. i like it i will have to try.. wink1.gif
Old 03-07-2007, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon Fx

looks great i cant wait to see the final pics, and maybe i will see it at nopi MI
Old 03-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Mar 7 2007, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I've been talking about this on the forum for some time now. I've wanted to put a few 8segment displays behind the clock because i already have a clock on my radio. I would like to find a controller to display different values back there, like batt voltage, custom text, and other things.

If you need some blue filter material i can drop some in the mail for you. Just paypal me $2 and I'll send more then enough.</div>

pm me your paypal addy and itll be sent...