Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Tib Under Construction

Old 07-28-2007, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Well my turbo project is coming to an end. Car should be finished this week and then I'll be able to enjoy it fully. Setup is as follows: AiResearch T3 AR .60 turbine, IC, 440 cc Lucas injectors plus fifth 670 cc injector, OBX turbo manifold, OBW external wastegate, IC, Unichip, electronic boost controler with possibillity of controling of up to five Unichip maps (I'll go with three 5 psi, 9 psi and 14 psi), SS Autochrome BOV, Boost,oil temperature and EGT gauges, FPR, 255 lph Walbro, low comp wiseco pistons and low comp turbo head gasket (low comp pistons and gasket were used due to increased compression - shaved head) . And I think that's all.

This is the car (some of you remember it)

and IC on:

WIseco's and gasket in place:

Pic's of the turbo:

This is how close the turbo to the engine block was before reduction plate was put on:

For intake (IC to intake) AEM pipe was used (recently bought of the member here):

And in the end someone once asked about dual exhaust and how it was done. I had the oportunity now so here are the pics of the exhaust piping:

Well that's all. After the car is finished I'll post some more pics of the finished (and hopefully cleaned) car.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:07 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Wow! I love it!!

Great idea for the AEM... And that bumper is AWSOME!! Try to get the oem fog lihjts and reflectors.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:14 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I already have the OEM fogs and markers just did not put them in since I was planing to take everything apart again. Will be in after the turbo is finished.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

looking good, very stealthy.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:13 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

looking very nice.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:18 AM

Looks good!
Old 07-28-2007, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: car

I guess I'm not getting this, as I am not the best with turbos yet. buy you have your AEM intake going into your intercooler? How does that work? Can you show a pic of the bottom and explain how it works? I'm just trying to learn everything I can and ask questions about what I don't know.

Lookin awesome though man!!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 AM

That looks so good. Imagine it when it's all clean.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

looks damn good man.. love the look of your car.

any idea what your compression will be now? since you shaved the head for higher compression, then used low comp. pistons, AND the low comp. gasket.

i was wondering when someone would use the AEM piping as a IC pipe. PERFECT donor. the only problem with it, is it might be a little bit big. should work pretty good.

blizagaxx, it works quite easy, the AEM piping comes around in its normal position and connects to the rest of the IC piping. so instead of having a filter on the AEM, there is more piping connecting it to the intercooler. this then turns the CAI into intercooler piping.

hive, i would try and eliminate the 2 couplers on each side of the intercooler so there are two less parts that can blow off.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

looks great, cant wait to see it after it's finished.