Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Tib Progress Update.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

OK so for a while now I've been working on the tib. In 2 weeks it will be a YEAR since I dove it on the road. sad.gif

Heres some pics of the progress and things I have done.

New front support and welding done.

New condenser and painting started:

Recently finished painting fitted AEM and painting/ cleaning all the brackets and small stuff:

New battery Tray:

Some stuff painted and cleaned waiting to be put back on the car:

Storage lol:

Still waiting for a hood, angel eye install/headlight painting, finishing my door mods, interior lighting, Oem bumper mods, Strut bars, stereo install, 2 seater conversion, and a bunch of other stuff.

The whole car will be repainted a different color so I have to take all the panels, weather stripping, door handles, and some of the glass out.

Then shave the antenna, sand, prime, install sideskirts, fenders, bumper, and paint.

I am also replacing as many bolts with new Stainless steel ones as I can. I went through 50 10mm bolts and about 20 12mm bolts so far and I have to order more tomorrow.

After paint if I have enough money the headers will be installed and the OEM BBK will be put on.

In about 1 month it should be painted I hope.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ooohhh la la, look at all those shiny new parts! what color is it going to be?

grr i wish i had headers with the bung right there so i wouldn't have to have O2 extensions... stupid gt headers...
Old 05-07-2008, 11:37 PM

I was set on it being a blackcherry but I didn't get to the paint shop yet and see all my options. I have a feeling once I get there I will be ovewhelmed with color choices.

Something similar to this is what I planned:

Old 05-08-2008, 07:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

who did your welding? It's really clean, mine was a hack job compared to that. It took me about a year to go from wrecked to ready to paint. It took me one day to go all the way back sadly enough but when I'm ready to re-weld the front end again, I want it to be done right like yours.

Your car is coming back together really nice man, keep up the good work!

Oh, and I love that color man. The color I had selected to paint my Tib was called Maple Maroon Pearl and it looks similar.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned

lookin really darn good.. and i would DEF. go with that paint. seems like itll be a bit expensive though.. i love that color though..

are you going to be doing any body mods, or just strict paint.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

car loks good
Old 05-08-2008, 10:34 AM

My girl friends uncle and 4 cousins own a garage and body shop across the street from us he did the welding. We will be painting it there as well. They helped me out with the welding and some other stuff I couldn't do on my own.

Yeah the paint won't be cheap I figured about 350-400 for paint and supplies with most of that just for the color.

As far as body mods go I just planned on shaving the antenna. If I had another DD and more cash I would love to shave door handles and the trunk lock and do a few other things but to me its not practical for an every day car.

I will be doing some work to the front like removing the bars in the bottom opening and I was thinking of leaving out those plastic things that fill in where the fog lights go.

But that would mean cutting out the tabs where the lights mount and not being able to put anything in there if I ever changed my mind. Opinions?

I want to put the solenoids (spell?) in for push button trunk and fuel door opening as well. And possibly paint the dash but I am not sure if I want it the color of the car or something different.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 AM

Looking good man!

I don't think you have to take any tabs off if you don't put in the fog light inserts, I dount the're even visible. But maybe the rd2 bumper is different...?

I'd say to leave the dash black, I never really liked painting a dash. But if you do I'd say paint it the same colour of the car but flat, not shiney.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 PM

Yeah there is are tab molded on the bumper and you probably wouldn't see it but I would know its there lol.

I never thought of same color but flat on the dash thats interesting has anyone done it? Any pics of it?

Just went to look at paint today these were the prices the guy told me but I don't think I will be getting it from him.

For the Mazda color (Metallic black cherry) its gonna be between 400-500 for primer, base, clear, and reducer. That is a regular base /clear paint job.

The other custom color I was looking at (candy plum) is about 900 for primer, 1st base coat, color coat, clear, and reducer. This is called a tri-coat paint and has a silver base and a color coat applied over it then clear it is harder to do and may not come out right if not done correctly.

They are very similar but the custom color may be a little more metallic/reflective and is nicer but not an extra 400 nicer.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

i would not trust a full paint job for 500$ including all that you listed.. unless thats just materials and you and family will be doing the prepping and spraying the paint.