Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

from a tib to an accent...

Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Tib
Default from a tib to an accent...

well, the time has come to move on from my tibby... im new to this forum, but if you dont know who i am already youre not paying attention, LOLz.

put a deposit down on an 07 Accent GL (hatch) with 29k on the clock... need to know some stuff about what is interchangeable with the LCs and other hyundai models. so far my plans are to pick up an STS, intake (SRI/CAI it doesnt matter) and wheels/tires first, then think about lowering and adding bars (strut/sway) and maybe an exhaust if its worth it. i know the tib gained about 15-20whp just by replacing everything from the engine back, but i also know the 4-cyls dont benefit as much. dont know anything about the 1.6L.

someone told me you could use an RD tib shifter for this Accent, but i dont get how thats supposed to work with the reverse lockout... does the RD have a lockout? i sure as hell am not paying the exorbitant prices that Hyundai is charging for their parts... although im not opposed to paying for the B&M if its the only option. this car needs an STS badly.

PS i am parting out my tib, and if you know anyone near CT with a white tib who wants to trade a white hood for CF+cash let me know wink.gif
Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome2.gif to the site! Glad you made it over. Theres a large Accent community here, so you should be able to find stuff for it. Although, the 07's are pretty new still....so you might have a little bit of a challenge finding certain things.

The RD's dont have a lockout, so you might take a big chance on getting it to work. Most of the other stuff though, you should be able to find without any issues.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

welcome.gif
I don't think an RD shifter works in the 06+ Accents. They do work in earlier Accents though.

As far as anything else interchanging there is very little that the MC Accents share with the LC/LC2 Accents. Add to that the fact that not a lot gets done to most Accents there aren't a lot of people checking for other things that fit.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

don't know much about the new hyundais (must be a good thing) but welcome!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Most engine mods fit the MC's...exhaust manifolds are the same as well, also BBTB might work too, not too sure about those. From what I noticed N/A mods didnt help much...they dd but not enough to justify spending all that money. with a tune I got (safcII tune) 104 hp and 106-108 trq...Stock I got 90 hp 102trq so It didnt help it all that much. Boost however was WELL worth it...got 143hp and 134-136 trq off 5 psi on a 14b.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:24 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Your butt stinks...................that is all!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bdiggy @ Oct 9 2009, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Your butt stinks...................that is all!</div>

thank you sir. LOL

how the hell am i supposed to get an intake for this thing.. the MAF sensor or whatever the hell that thing is, is located behind the stock airbox... maybe im just not getting it?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alpinewhite @ Oct 14 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>thank you sir. LOL

how the hell am i supposed to get an intake for this thing.. the MAF sensor or whatever the hell that thing is, is located behind the stock airbox... maybe im just not getting it?</div>

You should just be able to remove the MAF and you'll have to go TB to pipe to MAF to pipe to filter.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

if it's anything like the tib, it's got the blue sticker on it and it's held on by a clip and two hex screws. the intake should go after that so you shouldn't have to do anything with the MAF.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:51 PM

well, here she is... got the wheels on, stereo done, ghetto SRI made... next step is gonna be lowering, but cant do it till i get the cash.