Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Suicide Tibby Takes Home 1st At Hin!

Old 08-15-2006, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Suicide Door Tibby @ Aug 15 2006, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah.. this is the showoff section and it was made to be a SHOWCAR! Not a RACECAR! So please lay off of me! You have been posting on every thing that I have started and I'm startig to get offended, I don't come look at your post and say how crappy the fenders look and how bad they fit and that the F1 vents don't cool the breaks enough or maybe the aerodynamics add 3hp? I take pride in the way I want to make my Tib look and the work I put into the body is just as extensive as you put in the engine of your tib. And the part about no one wanting it because it is a slow sluggish automatic really don't make much sence! Your tib would probably get the same type of reaction if you tryed to sell it. Just a bunch of motor work but it's still a tiburon. At the end of the the day they are both just Tiburon's! That is how this all started! It was just a tib that was a slow sluggish car with a few curves and comfortable seats! You just happened to want to make yours rather fast, I just happened to want to make mine rather nice looking. SO maybe we can meet a common ground here or do you just want me to leave these forums and not come back? Obviously I'm on your turf and if you don't want me here, just tell me and I'll leave! But if you want to let me stay and get some knowledge and see what else is out there for my tib, then lay off my back a little...</div>

Get over it. Read the rules of this section. if you post pictures, expect to get comments, positive and negative. You've asked for help and have refused everything you are given. I could care less if you don't like the fenders we are selling. You don't, then don't buy them. I didn't make them, nor did I buy them for myself. I bought them for this community as everyone wanted them and we were going to have them made (you might have noticed by now, there aren't many fenders out there for us, and most of them are identical to the rest of the ricer crowd you seem to follow out there).

Hah, my tib would sell quickly, I've had offers already, but I'd never sell it. If you honestly think my car wouldn't sell before yours, you have obviously NEVER ridden in a 1/2 way decently modified Tib. I, on the other hand, HAVE ridden in stock, manual, automatic, heavily turbo'd, supercharged, lightly turbo'd, and nitrous'd Tiburons, so I do have room to talk. Also, I have the backup of all the members here that have grabbed their nuts and DONE the auto to manual swap (Including a woman or 2 mind you), and the others that have complained to no end about how sluggish and slow their auto is. A dealer would pay you less for yours than mine because they'd have to take off most of the crap you've put on it, not to mention the shag carpet, just to sell it.

There is common ground. I told you nice things about your car. Lots of folks did. But you've made 2 or 3 threads about wanting to increase the performance on your car just a BIT, but you aren't willing to do anything to get it done. You want to replace your pistons but you won't swap your tranny? WTF kind of reasoning is that? Is it because you are afraid of a manual transmission?

You are welcome at this site, but don't expect NOT to get REAL comments on your car because it wins some trophies. I've won some trophies, with a rather stock looking car still. People don't laugh at my car when they see it drive by, or wonder if I'm going out to clear the mountain roads of snow with my bulldozer front bumper.

We want every RD Tiburon owner here, including you, but you need to do a few things.

1. Slow down.

2. Go read all of the site rules. I bet you haven't yet, at all, and that's the quickest way to get in trouble here.

3. If you ask for advise, either take it, or specify in your thread what you are willing to do or not. I do the same and have gotten shit for it in the past because I'm stubborn over something. Everyone has the right to be that way, but expect the flak that you'll get for it.

4. Don't think you are top shit here, or even 1/4 shit. There are folks here with some really great looking rides, that are done with style and class, and have a good combination of performance and looks.

5. Realize that car shows have gone to shit in the past 5 years. Literally. There are TONS of car shows everywhere now, and most of the judges have no clue what they are doing. The shows are setup to make money, and as long as the money comes in and the cars show up, they'll make someone win. Judging isn't shit now like it used to be. Ask some of the lONG time veterans here.

I'm going to close this one too as I am now pissed off. I woke up this morning with IM's and PM's from several members wondering what your problem is. So let's all cool off and come back when he's read the forums some and maybe understands the COMMUNITY here a bit better. All new folks here think their shit doesn't stink and that they are god's gift to Hyundai. Most of them learn it does stink and that they aren't, some leave and never come back.

Others leave and buy Subaru's, Hondas and Nissans.