Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Some Updates On My Car Edit: Vid Added

Old 07-22-2007, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i've been working&partying like crazy lately and haven't paid much attention to the car because of it. had one of my goodridge brake lines burst on me the other day, so it sort of forced me to get back to fixing up the car.

so first pics of the busted line. you can see why it ruptured. i had it too close to the coilover and the sharp edge just ripped right into it.

the same day i took care of the line i also installed my 28"thrush resonator with stainless lap joint exhaust fasteners. really impressed with those fasteners. stainless steel, grade 8 bolts, quick to install, and provide a super tight and good seal.

also replaced the shitty rusted to hell e-brake lines i had been dealing with the past year and a half. they froze real good one day, and from then on were just getting worse and worse. i couldn't park on more than a slight incline without leaving the car in gear because it would roll. take a look at the difference between old a new. that barely shows how rusted the old ones were too, i had to cut them in multiple spots to remove them.

fast forward to this weekend. planned on cleaning the garage, but instead messed with the car some more smile.gif

i originally had one of those cheap ebay wifi antennas marketed for wardriving, but while the antenna shape will provide a 5dbi gain, the 10 feet of crappy rg174 cable they use actually lower the gain to below zero, causing more harm than good. i was using just the pcmia card range, but in the metal cabin of a car i would have to be parked in the front of my driveway to get even a faint signal from my router. so i got a nice external antenna and 10 feet of high quality, super thick signal cable. went from getting no signal where i was parked in my driveway to three router signals. SWEET. really happy with how good the antenna looks. you can see my internal amplified fm antenna on the hatch glass too.

bought a pair of the last remaining clear door lenses off ebay, shot them with niteshades, and littered them with blue leds. pretty nice looking i think. look in sunset pics for another shot.

here are some pictures of the carpc. i had to change front end(the touchscreen friendly, car interface). i was originally using centrafuse, but some parts of it started becoming buggy, and it just recently started went to a required paid license to run, and im not wiling to pay for it. so i switched to roadrunner. it is winamp based, has TONS of support&skins, and more importantly is free. i am using lsx void 2.0 skin now, and have some other i want to try out. it's what you see in the pics. still have to get my iguidance nav setup for roadrunner, but i did end up getting my wintv working for usb radio and tv(loose power connection on an adapter had me clueless).

keyboard(still not in a visor, just usb connected)

also made use of a set of partial spare headlights i picked up about a year ago. spray tinted the two reflector pieces, and the lenses. im going to mix and match those spray tinted pieces with my completely stock lights to see what looks good and shines bright. picture look weird as i was in a garage with low light, but they look pretty good. ill get another pic with some good lighting to show what they look like.

finished putting the car back together with a hell of a sunset for a backdrop. the pictures look pretty good, but believe me when i say the camera does not do it justice. it was incredible, and these pictures were taken a good 5 minutes after its peak. anybody who has seen incredible sunsets knows that they dont last long, and 5 minutes can make a big change.

all for now, enjoy. still have to fix the backlighting as i've had a couple leds go out, but that's not at the top of my priorities.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:33 AM

lots of nice pictures hail.gif
Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

damn!!!! well i have to say e-brake cable is crap. it must have stolen a lot of patience from you to be able to get under the car and fiddle with rusted bolts, no thanks.

crazy carpc man, looks excellent! I'd say you have the best mods on this whole forum and your car in the best care.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

love the carpc
Old 07-23-2007, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i'd like to hear a sound clip of that exhaust! nice job!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:52 AM

Sick! I wish I was that much of a nerd to be able to do some of that stuff wink1.gif lol
Old 07-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Nice! Where did you pick up the e-brake lines at?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

wow... big improvement over what I saw last time (no interior, 1,000s of wires, etc.)

post day pics so I can see what I'm looking at!!!! What is screen mounted in/on/to?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

nice write up man, glad to see things are going well with your car.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Lookin really good, I want a carpc.