Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

So My Tib Was Towed To The Junkyard Last Night....

Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's right, the car in my signature below is no longer. Had it towed last night to the junkyard where it probably has already been crushed.

But it's ok. Here's a sneak peek of what I've been up to (in no specific order):

Modding a car is SO MUCH EASIER when you have all the parts on hand at once and you put them in when the car is ripped apart. And also when you've already installed them and know what you are doing.

Also since these pics were taken, we made even more progress; the interior is almost fully put back together and the front end is coming together as well. We also pulled the motor and tranny from the gunmetal car. The engine in the black one will remain stock until I get the car to pass emissions, then I've got a head going on which has been ported, polised, planed, hot tanked, and had a 3 angle valve job done, plus a bunch of other goodies that Ive had for awhile but never bothered to install, such as an ACT clutch and maintec headers/dp. This tib will look identical to the old one when it's done, gonna paint it the same color and everything.

Oh yeah and this one is a SE. I've never had an SE and have always wanted one. Now I finally have power mirrors, the rear wiper, and cruise control. YAYUH! Take that New York State Thruway!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I'm glad to see the work coming along and the car coming back together for you even if it's by changing everything from one car to another. I have actually contemplated doing the same several times because my front end has been replaced so many times and because I don't want a body kit any more. Congrats to you anyway!

Did you forget about the passenger side air bag cover before you salvaged the car?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 PM

Well, the main reason I did it is because I couldn't be bothered with importing the car, too much money and paperwork. I bought the new car for $850 and have already made it all back and then some in selling parts.

And yeah we did grab the airbag.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:35 PM

is the cover in good shape? How much do you want for it (just the cover)? Shipping is to 20137.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM

Oh yeah, you has asked me for it. It's in excellent condition, there's a slight mark towards the bottom but it's barely noticeable with some armor all on it. Here's a pic:

How's $30 + shipping?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:28 PM

sounds good. I'll PM you
Old 03-31-2009, 01:38 PM

^k, cool.

Here's some more pics of the headlights for those of you who were asking. I got the idea from the Audi S4. They're bright as hell during the day, as well as night. The pics don't do them justice. I took pics with flash and without, it was hard to capture how they truly look. Only thing is that the color of the LEDs is different than the HID bulbs, the HIDs are pinker. I'll have to look into new bulbs.

At night in my apt:

With flash:

Day in apt:

With flash:

Close-up on teh car:

I won't be able to get the true feel for how they look until the hood, bumper, and corner lights go on. Best part is this only cost me $10, so if I end up hating them its not a big loss.

This is the look I was going for:

x)
Old 03-31-2009, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

me likely
Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That's straight sex TC.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:20 PM