Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Snapped a few pics in the parking lot

Old 06-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Snapped a few pics in the parking lot

Snapped some pics at lunch. Car is a little dirty though since its been under trees all morning.

Ok...so as alot of you know, my original plan was ghost flames on the car. Soooo....basically sanded the entire car down, resprayed it, layed the patterns down for the flames, and it sat like that for a good couple of weeks. Kept standing back, looking at it, and something about it didnt look right. Just by looking at the taped out pattern on the car, it made me realize that the flames on an import really dont go too well.

So the tape came off, and tribal flames were the next idea. The car was taped off in a tribal flame pattern, and again...it stayed like that for about a week and a half. After staring it for that time period, I realized that tribal anything on an RD tib just is not a good idea, because it takes away from the curviness of the car.

So trying to figure out what should be done to the car, but yet still keep the "ghost" idea in place, and making it stand out with something different....it was decided to just lay out different patterns, spray them all in different colors, and just see how it looks.

While this may not be everyones cup of tea, and alot of people probably would say flames would have been better...I really like how it came out. I surprised myself with it. The patterns are VERY ghost like, and pics (especially from my cell phone) dont do it justice at all. To see it in person is 1,000 times better. Its received ALOT of compliments so far and it tricks people because you cant see anything at all depending on the angle you look at the car, but take a step a little to the left or right, and these things pop out in different colors.

So...let the hate or praise be posted!

This is the hood. There's 4 different colors on the patterns. Pearl Silver, Pearl Orange, Pearl Blue, and Pearl Corvette Red. The silver is the easiest to see...

1/4 shot

Door up close and straight on

Up close shot of the door

So some people may be asking why exactly these patterns? In the last year, and recently in a few magazines...I started to see these style of patterns and graphics be applied to alot of cars. So thats one of many reasons why they came out like this. I wanted something that wasnt in your face and really wild, but yet...a subtle touch that you will miss if blink.

MUCH better pics to come with the pro camera, and when its actually sunny out. Its pretty over cast out now, so have patience and better pics to come.

OH, and I should also mention too that the entire car is pearled out, so the red changes about 10 different colors and shades as well. The entire front end also has pearl dust added to the clear, and in total...the car has 19 coats of on it, from primer, to base coat, to top coat, to 2 different clear coats. The paint has absolutely incredible depth to it. Wet sanding and buffing took literally 4 days to complete and there isnt a single flaw anywhere on the car.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

omg...

I thought the yellow was paint, then realized it was reflection
Old 06-09-2011, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Elantra GLS

i like it. the patterns are different but i cant stop staring at it for some reason which is what i guess you want. and majik dont feel bad. i thought the yellow was part of the paint too.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I don't know if I like it or not, I like the idea and the way you did it, but IDK if I like the patterns you chose.

Should have ghosted in a Hyundai symbol or Tiburon or something while you were at it.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

For everyone who knows me, they know the car doesnt stay the same for very long before it gets changed up again. So chances are...this will only remain the way it is until the end of the summer, and then either something new, or who ever buys it can worry about changing it up.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburon

I dig it. :biggrin: I see some minitrucks driving around with similiar graphics once in awhile. Yours are better though because you cant see them as well.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Genesis 3.8

^

Saw a lowrider and SUV last night at a meet I was at that had almost identical graphics on it. They werent ghost graphics though. And they were about 10 different neon bright colors.

I like yours though. Nice and subtle.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

I like it, It is like adding salt and pepper to scrambled Eggs.

I like the simplicity!

Good job!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2005 V6 Tib

Good job! How come you dont enter your car in the featured ride competitions?
Old 06-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

So how much weight does the paint add to your car?