Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Seat Installed!

Old 04-19-2008, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Hi guys,
Finally installed the Recaro bucket on 17th, MY BIRTHDAY!

I love how it feels for driving, love that it dosent obstract the side vision despite the head guards, love how it looks...

but yeah, getting out of it needs getting used to, though the slliders under it make it possible, sliding all the way back.

thats me fingering the dude because of whom I needed to move tha car ib the middle of the install of a "bucket" ...

installed the Fog light blank on the way, for the aem filter to breath (and cause I always loved how it looks. darn SFR sent two driver side blanks, but I'm starting to like the cowl asimetry...)

AND YES< I KNOW THAT THE RED INTERIOR NEEDS TO GO> IT WILL

check out my GF's new car! a tiny Smart car by Mercedes. 3 cylinder turbo 0.7l engine. simply AWSOME!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:15 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gsasha1 @ Apr 19 2008, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>

That's so awesome... When I was reuphoulstering my seats, I had to take out the driver's seat twice so that the fabric could be sewn and adjusted. the first time I sat on my buddy's chrome bathroom trash can. The darn thing kept throwing me off ballance because of the increased height. It was about the same height as that bucket. The next time, I grabbed a milk carton. Milk cartons are a good replacement for the stock seat because they have firm grip on the carpet smile.gif. Either way, the car sucks to drive without a back support, even if you're only driving 1mile

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></div>
What a great picture!!! That looks like you're going to rev your engine and smash right into that smart car. You should retake that picture with the revs at like 5K. LOL. This is my new desktop image. It's like your shark is lying in wait and about to strike when the opportunity presents

Maybe you can trim the edge down so that you can actually get in and out of the car. it might take a bit of reuphoulstering after you hit it up with a hack saw, so I'd say take it to a local uphoulstry or furnature shop and ask them if they can help you out.

I bet that must be really comfortable, but definately difficult to get out of the car because of that high hip hugger. Great looking seats mang.

Dude, if people start laughing about how you have to get into the car, buy a passenger side race seat and laugh at them.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:01 PM

^^ LOL you are so right...

yeah, I was thinking about trimming the sides. Thats the only part that makes the seat less than perfect for me.
Either way, I bought it used from ebay germany for a great price, So it is OK for me to mess with it...

Old 04-19-2008, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ dude carmageddon. hell yes.

the seat is nice, however i think you should have a set. recaro seats were on the original rally car. infact i think they're very similar. looks good but comfort will take some getting used to.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:26 PM

That looks so un-comffy... i wouldn't be able to stand that on my back since it hurts if i sit straight, damn heavy equipment operating -___-. Looks good though.

Wait a minute... yellow and red? McDonalds?

BTW, enter your car for COTM!!! ^ ^ just a thought.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

loooks goood
Old 04-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Thanks guys.

No, you are not sitting that straight, the seat is tilted a little to the back... so no problems there.

AS for the Macdonalds.... LOL.. I did the interior a couple of years ago, saying that I had enough with yellow, and that way I will paint the outside of the car dark grey sooner... But two years later, and I'm stuck with a non matching color, only because i'm lazy...

I think I'm going to leave the car yellow for now, so i will definately paint the interior mettalic black or dark metalic grey...

As for a second recaro (if i'll decide to make my passangers work out ), I'm thinking about maybe putting in a second one without head guards, but similar...
Old 04-24-2008, 12:29 PM

UPDATE!

no more McDonald's theme...

Painted the interior mettalic grey (it's a color from Honda accord (tsx?))... Too bad it dosen't show how awsome it is. Crappy phone camera does no justice...

before...

after..

and... happy birthday tibby!

..and drives better than it came out from the factory! nana.gif
Old 04-24-2008, 12:56 PM

Looks way better man!

It's looks pretty good for 200k also.

I'm at ~225k and it's pretty beat up. Well it's still better than most cars with that much mileage. But it still runs strong.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:17 PM

looks much much much better dude

congrats on the 200k!