Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Rim Opinions

Old 02-24-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Way back when I joined this site I saw an old members car (vulcanwolf for those of you that remember him) that was exactly like my own except it had 17" white motegi rt5's. I absolutely loved them. Just last year I finally bought a set for myself and I liked them just as much in person as I had in the pictures of vulcanwolf's car. By the end of last year I had started to wonder if they were a bit too much... dont get me wrong, I still like them a lot, I just want to consider my other options as well. In doing so I want to hear the opinions of my fellow RD members. Pics below:

That is the way my car is now (obviously)

and these are what Im considering (at least the 5 spoke gunmetal/polished style):

I think more people will like the look of the gunmetal/polished lip, but keep in mind I like the white a lot as well, part of which is because you dont see it very often. Also I dont know if Im prepared to try and sell the ones I have, it could be a bigger hassle than it seems just because they are white and less people are probably interested. Im basically wondering if you guys think the rt5's are too much and if you think they are worth changing. Well, have at em! Let me hear some of your opinions (and please dont turn this into a debate about what size wheel is better, thanks)
Old 02-24-2006, 09:11 PM

I honestly like it the way it is now..the rims you have on there now give the tib a nice, clean look.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:15 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i think you shoud get rid of those white ones....

and send them to me!! mmmmmmers
Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 PM

you bastard alex! I only had scrolled down enough to see the "i think you shoud get rid of those white ones...." and I was like jeez no reasons or anything! then i moved down half an inch and was like oh. haha

well thanks for the comments so far guys! making me totally want to keep em wink1.gif
Old 02-24-2006, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

volk racing right? those in my opinion seem to best rims matching the lines of rd2's i've seen. although the other rims you got there look good, i love Subierex rims... too bad they don't make some rexie rims for us.. mmmm....
Old 02-25-2006, 01:33 AM

Polished black would make it look discreet.

i've got the sparco racing python silver..
http://www.wickedbodies.net/Wheels/sparco/sparco-p1.jpg
Polished silver or chrome would get more attention.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:25 PM

I like the first pic of rims (split spoke) design. Similar to what I have on mine, but much nicer looking.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

In all honesty mang, stay with your whites! ITs looking really hot like that IMO! Besides, isn't the "bread and butter" of tuning your car to be different for the rest of the "herd"? The blue and white is different, I'll give you that, and its a very good different. I like to see cars that arent part of "the norm". Stick to your guns mang, they are definitely working for ya!

I dont think that its to much either.

But if you really want to change... Id say go with the first ones you posted up with the split spoke (just like kb said ^). cool.gif
Old 02-25-2006, 10:21 PM

What about the top gunmetal rim in white.

I like the top one better. Get them painted blue.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:14 AM

I like the rims you got one your car............... but the first *new* rim pic ... them are pretty awesome.....

not sure......