Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Rd2 Or Dsm 1g?

Old 02-22-2009, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Im getting a chance to get a DSM (eclipse) 1g (1992) GSX (awd turbo) here, they are quite rare around here in Holland.

Considering to go the F/I way, should I get the eclipse gsx or should I keep my rd2 tib and turbo this one?

Why gsx? because I love awd and big hp numbers are better with awd than with fwd cars.

The main thing holdin meback from buying the eclipse G1 is the beautyfull look of the tib.

My tib:

DSM 1g:

Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

why cant you have both
Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 AM

I'd love to have em both, but tax and insurance costs would be too much.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Keep the tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wikpedia.org classic car)</div><div class='quotemain'>United States legal definition
Legally, most states have time-based rules for the definition of "classic" for purposes such as antique vehicle registration; for example, Pennsylvania defines it as "A motor vehicle, but not a reproduction thereof, manufactured at least 15 years prior to the current year which has been maintained in or restored to a condition which is substantially in conformity with manufacturer specifications and appearace."</div>
Old 02-22-2009, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badshah @ Feb 22 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd love to have em both, but tax and insurance costs would be too much.</div>

well keep the tib them
Old 02-22-2009, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

DTN that has absolutely no bearing on what he's asking. And one states laws are not standard over anything else. For instance, PA aparently says its antique after 15 years according to your quote. In texas it was 25 years. In Holland where he lives they may not even have an antique car law.....
Old 02-22-2009, 10:33 AM

Tib is way more reliable
Old 02-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Banned

DTN, your a moron..

keep the tib, cuz your interested in one of my turbo kits nana.gif

if it was a 97-99 DSM, i would say go with the DSM all the way.

but its almost 10 years older than the tib.. will be able to support more power, and will be faster, but im not a fan of trading newer car for older car.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dddude55 @ Feb 22 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>DTN that has absolutely no bearing on what he's asking. And one states laws are not standard over anything else. For instance, PA aparently says its antique after 15 years according to your quote. In texas it was 25 years. In Holland where he lives they may not even have an antique car law.....</div>

I don't know what it means to you, but when you put it into the perspective that it is a classic car, that says alot to me. That says 1. old 2. parts not manufactured in quantity anymore 3. expensive 4. frequent breakdowns 5. unexpected catastrophic breakdowns leaving you stranded on the side of the road.

Being a former owner of a daily driven classic '66 Impala, I can say older cars drive differently because of differences in engineering. Also, they are worn down from years and years of use. That car is 16 years old. The tib is around 1/2 that age. While older cars tend to be easier to work on, that's simply because they've become common knowledge. If you're going to daily drive it, you need something newer.

My Impala gave me constant problems. The motor mounts shifted,allowing the engine to dive into the radiator and the main belt driven fan tore a hole straight through the radiator $10 spacer, $40 motor mount + $140 radiator + $30 for pressure testing. Both of the rear shocks went out within 1 week $40 and I had to take them off because I was worried about the stiffness destroying the car. So before I could get a new one, my high school buddies decided to bounce the car around and see how much it would go up and down. This destroyed the gas tank $100 + $30 pressure testing. While I was driving, the timing chain magically broke which cost $400 to replace. And that was doing it all myself with the <acronym title='Junk yard'>newest parts available</acronym> execept the timing chain which was done by a <acronym title='rip off'>local shop</acronym>.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

DTN. Don't post in this thread again. AT ALL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTN @ Feb 22 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Keep the tib

QUOTE (wikpedia.org classic car)
United States legal definition
Legally, most states have time-based rules for the definition of "classic" for purposes such as antique vehicle registration; for example, Pennsylvania defines it as "A motor vehicle, but not a reproduction thereof, manufactured at least 15 years prior to the current year which has been maintained in or restored to a condition which is substantially in conformity with manufacturer specifications and appearace."</div>

What does this, or your Impala have to do with the topic at all? NOTHING!!! My god man, you realize we've been talking in the shoutbox about this for 20 minutes now and that folks want you warned? You realize I want you warned for it?

You realize your next warning is a 6 month suspension (OMFG, TEMP BANZORZ!!!)?

You realize this will put you one away from a permaban?

You realize your total warning % after thiss will be 130%?

I am NOT going to do it. Majiktib, Lee, Ericy, anyone else can, but I'm done warning your ass.