Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Putting This Back In On Thansgiving

Old 11-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well this is part of what i will be putting back into the tib for my thanksgiving. i had my manifold refabbed, to put the wategate tube about .5" closer to the block and up on a 30degree angle, the EGT probe welded in with SUPERIOR welds, and the depth of the manifold was decreased by 1/4". i also got stainless bolts for the turbo flange so no more rusting, and coated the turbo with a super hi-temp bake-on paint. even if it doesnt last forever, im sure itll last a long time and will prevent all the rusting and uglyness.. i cant wait to throw this back on, and hook up my intake, throw on the koyo, and install my mounts and shifter bushings tommorow.. woo hoo.. tib is almost back on road with plenty of upgrades.. w00t

Old 11-23-2006, 01:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i need the name of that paint. sounds amazing
Old 11-23-2006, 02:48 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL im in the same boat as you, except my manifold is a nice polished looking silver, and im waiting for my brand new t3/t4 to come in the mail, would be here this week if it werent for the damn holiday lol.

Looks good, coupler needs a bit of degreasing tho wink1.gif
Old 11-23-2006, 08:40 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Looks amazing!!

Does it help to lose heat from the manifold?
Old 11-23-2006, 09:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

hell yea man cant wait to see your machine in the spring, she will be puurrin
Old 11-23-2006, 11:38 AM

looks awsome man. but im deffinatly not jealous (sarcasm)
Old 11-23-2006, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

damn man, i'm interested to see how that coating holds up (even after just the first few weeks of driving). Post after pics! wink1.gif
Old 11-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

the name of the paint is VHT ultrahigh temp.. says its good for 1300-2000 deg F. they have a ultrahigh temp. clear coat also, but i like the flat black.

alex, i was going to do polished also, but this paint looks more uniform, and wont turn colors like polished steel will. and this is oil and chemical resistant, so if oils or water get on it when its hot, they wont stain it. which model turbo did you get? is it s t3/t4oe? garret? turbonetics? 50 trim? 57 trim?

sasha, i dont know if itll help lose any of the heat from the manifold. it should a little bit because there is ceramic in the paint. if this paint ends up cracking or anything i will be heat wrapping the manifold with some more DEI wrap, but i love the look of it right now.

i will clean up the couplers before i put it on today. damn i cant wait to drop the koyo in and hook up everything and get this SOB back on the road..

optimo, yah hopefully i will make it down there, or you and ur ohio buddys make it up here to the MI meet i will be planning soon for like late May, or late july, cuz my kid is due in june so i prob cant plan it then, lol.

FYI: my car has been sitting for two months and the optima red top hasnt lost ANY voltage..
Old 11-23-2006, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Nah i said polished looking, its a high temp paint, i thought it was just going to come out regular silver but it came out looking like mildly polished aluminum, ima post pics in a thread when i get my turbo hehe

and its a Turbonetics t3/t4, 50 trim, i was going to buy a BB but the place i bought it from had a deal for journal bearing t3/t4's for $699, i couldnt resist.

I got another toy too wink1.gif
Old 11-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

friggin sweet.. i got the 50trim one also. smile.gif ahh, post pics soon. thats a pretty good deal for having the journal bearing. i will probably, one day, upgrade to a BB center section, i can get it semi cheap, or upgrade to a GT30R.. but i think this turbo should do just fine.

what other toy did you get?