Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Pimp The Spoiler Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:17 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have a cobalt blue car. It's right there at the bottom of this post.... I've always maintained a clean stock look and it's flare is hidden. I have LEDs that dance to my music in my rear speakers and on the rear passenger floor. I also have a nice sterio system.

Recently the paint started to crack away from my spoiler. It's entire top surface is now shot and i'm left with the option to either:
A. paint it stock again - $150
B. place a decal over the top of it. $40

Although i'm not big on stickers on a car, it might be a sensable option.

I'm looking for something that might look good on my tib's spoiler, and if anyone has a predesigned pattern.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I say paint it, decals usually dont look thatgood but on a spoiler it would pretty bad.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:42 AM

Hmm.. well.. IMO decals on cars are for the most part stupid.. I'd probably just invest the money and paint it stock again...

The only decal I guess I would get on my car is a CF wrap.. so maybe you could do that? Just entirely wrap the top and bottom.. that might look sweet.. but I'd either do that or just paint it.

Hope that helps fing02.gif
Old 11-04-2005, 11:08 AM
DTN

hmmm... CF wrap might be good. are there any body shops that would do that for me? I think my skills at drawing suck enough that I wouldn't even want to try to do something in the least bit artistic on my car. even place a sticker. What kind of shop would i look for a CF wrap in?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:49 AM

Haha. Yeah.. I don't think I'd try anything like that either for the first time.. too much room for error. It's kinda like you have one chance to make it look good and if you screw up.. then you have to completely start over lol.

Around here.. if I wanted something like that done there is a place that specializes in putting stuff like that on.. decals.. you name it.

I would think most body shops would install it for you.. you probably wouldn't necesarily have to buy it FROM the body shop itself, but if you brought it to them.. most likely they would place it on for you.

I wouldn't really know where to go to order it.. I've thought about doing this same thing before which is why I replyed, haha. If you do end up doing this.. please let me know and post some pics.. I'd love to see the finished product =)

Good luck.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I'd go to somewhere that does vinyl decals... Look one up in the phone book or online if you don't know of any in your area. They can do CF looking vinyl if that's what you want.

I personally would get the spoiler repainted though. If you're needing to save some cash, do all the prep-work yourself & take it in ready-to-be-painted. I can't see that costing anymore than $80 to $100.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:14 PM
DTN

ok, thanks for the input. I'll be looking at that around the 15th. Anyone seen any good sites for some THICK Carbon Fiber vinyl decals?
Old 11-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Yeah Id sand it all smooth and rap it in CF.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:50 PM

I wonder what it is about spoilers? Friend of mine has a 99 Saturn Coupe, his car is CLEAN like yours... except for the spoiler. His clear coat died a horrible death and is now blowing away like dust. Also, in walking through the parking garage last night at the Borgata after the Audioslace concert, I noticed that a lot of cars have discoloured spoilers.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:55 PM

DrivingTib,,,

what does the paint look like on the spoiler?? mine got screwed up too,, clear coat was all gone and the surface was all rough,, it was weird,, i sanded it all down,, repainted it,, and whatever it was has surfaced through the new paint,, just wondering if its the same deal....