Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Pics of some Genesis Coupes

Old 11-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Pics of some Genesis Coupes

These were posted on another forum.

These = secksy. I wanted to share.

They raise the bar pretty high for me. Awesomeness.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

looks like a stock gc with stickers and different wheels

donno what the big deal is
Old 11-21-2010, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah i share the same view. the wheels are different too, but they're o-k. i'd really like to see some without those nasty factory front bumpers.

you can blow skyward amounts of cash on any Genesis and pack it with mods, but not one will ever even look a quarter as good as this:

Old 11-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Really? I like the Supra, but it's by far not my favorite aesthetically.

I liked the quality of the photos, the backdrop, and the cars.

Maybe it doesn't show as much of the cars as I originally thought. Maybe it was knowing about the car that made me like it.

5 Axis wheels, CF hood, CF trunk, Coilovers, SuperLux tails, Prodigy front lip (I think, maybe Sequence), Sequence fog lights, CPE intercooler shining through the grille, CPE intake, VDI kit, bamboo wood sub/amplifier trunk display, uNavi setup replacing dash, custom gauge pod pillar, racing seats with custom built harness bar, CF wrapped radio surround (better than the factory silver)
Old 11-21-2010, 07:34 PM

yeah, and the fact that you actually have the car! hahah.

hmm... wow you're the first i have heard that doesn't find the Supra that aesthetic. i guess it depends. the Genesis kind of has that Mercedes-like front end (high windshield pillars) that make it look a bit more upscale and less riceboy, but i still think a Supra in a garage is so much hotter than anything you could possibly pull off in a Genesis.

with that being said, they're not bad-looking and they're great mods, but i like the Genesis more upscale and classy (luxury) looking than riceboy looking. [visual] mods on the Genesis make it look like some Honda. it is sort of like hooking up a Mercedes with japanese aftermarket, or a G35 Coupe (made for the luxury segment) with ricer rims. the two just don't belong together. so unless they add some bold bumps, flares, and curves on the Genesis, only then will i find it seksy to hook up. with all these mods (CF hoods and stickers), they just look like some Civic Type-R competitors which they really are.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Administrator

I wasn't posting the pics because of the stickers. This was taken in Las Vegas while they were leaving SEMA, hence the stickers. His car usually has decals, but I believe several were added for SEMA. I appreciate the work that's been done to the car (specifically referring to the bronze wheel GC), and hope to get half of those mods on mine (aesthetic and performance).

Yes, I do love a Supra, wouldn't mind having one at all. They're power beasts and will cause whiplash when their over sized turbos kick in, but I guess I can't look at one without thinking of TF&TF. If someone gave me the choice between a Gen Coupe and a brand new 2000 Supra, same price, I'd take the Supra. But I don't care to buy a 8+ year old car at this point. I don't have time to dedicate keeping it on the road for another 4-5 years.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Administrator

More Genesis goodness:

TurboXS shop car hits 434whp

Look at that curve straight-line

Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 PM

Yeah F&F did spoil the Supra... but it had the right idea!

No doubt that the Genesis is brand new and it has a lot of potential and aftermarket support. It is particularly better and cheaper than anything out there. Those mods are really fabulous and all of the options are great and it's pleasurable knowing this coming from the underdog, but still you can have an endless list of mods with massive turbos pushing 500hp and it will still always look fairly mediocre and tuner boy. It looks like a typical Asian tuner import, something neither the Tiburon nor the Supra looked like (they looked more exotic/Pininfarina). Certainly if Korea wanted to rival Japan's list of historic legends RX-7, R34, 240Z, 300Z, NS-X, Supra (all marvels!), it could have come with something just a little more daring with a little more flare to it, especially Korea's very first debut of its own sports car. That is all I mean
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The GC's look good, but yeah.... to the stickers.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Administrator

I didn't read this til now - just FYI, the car on the right with the massive AEM sticker was the test car and SEMA was the launch for AEM's new turbo setup for the GC.

I would agree to rock the AEM sticker for a free turbo kit.