Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Pics Of My Tib

Old 09-02-2006, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Guess I'll spoil the ass kissing in here.

For everything you have done to your car, I don't like most of it.

Shocking eh?

The rims. I can't stand that particular set as it is, and the color, matched with your car, looks horrible. It looks like the kids running around with 4 steelies on their car. I'm not being mean, but that's my opinion. The painted H on them is a nice touch, but I'd like to see a closeup to see how good of a job you did on it.

Clear corners are a must in my opinion, especially on a silver car. Try them out, you'll LOVE the way they look. I was anti clear corner till I swapped mine out too bro. Trust me, give it a try, you don't like them, sell em for $5 cheaper than you bought them.

The interior is pretty plain. Take about 3 or 4 hours and clean it up and paint a bit of it. Seriously. The carpets are filthy bro! Get some tape and a shop vac and go hit every nook and cranny, you'll love the results. Get some tint, ANY decent tint, get a new shift knob, and maybe just touchup some of the interior parts with a tiny bit of paint. Hell, even some gloss black would look good in there. The stock boots and ebrake handle HAVE to go, and can be done for cheap.

The SAFCII, that's a horrible place to mount it my man. Really. You have to look down to see it where it is anyways, so put it somewhere, ANYWHERE else. Again, not being mean, but you can't see a good portion of your guages, not to mention your Odometer and blinker indicators. The black one is nice, and with some black accents in your interior, it could completely change around in just a few hours.

The rear seat removal, while it looks nice from afar, you didn't come up far enough forward with it. If I ever were to do it, I'd make sure it completely came to the front of the old seat mounts, so you don't have those big slots sitting there and such. Maybe a few cuts would let it also bend down and cover the sides better. I would also get enough carpet to completely replace the carpet (maybe cover) all the way to the rear of the trunk area, one big piece with no seams. Get that OEM spare cover replaced with something, and you are moving. One last thing, are those WOOD SCREWS you see on the rear seat delete?

Radiator hoses look horrible. A good washing with some cleaner or soap and a cloth would get rid of that. Or just get some new hoses that look better. The Samco set DOES come in Black, and again, would look good on your car. The vaccum hoses, if you did those with the black ones out there by samco too, would look friggin AMAZING.

The header wrap, I'm not a fan of, and looks like you are turning it into a mummy. LOL Also, the paint job in the engine bay, nice and shiny, but TOO MUCH RED. I can't believe you painted the emblems, not to mention that you painted the valve cover and spark plug cover the same color. I personally think it looks much better with some contrast and differing colors.

I like most of the other performance stuff, looks well installed and we know they work well. Also, the way you cleaned up the rear of the seatbelts and such, looks clean. Maybe just a bit more of the spots in the back covered up that are exposed from the seat removal and it would look much cleaner. Rear strut bar is very nice, and I'd too like to know where you got it and what brand. It looks like my Whiteline. The Ksports look great, and I love the drop. Give us your opinon on them.

I think a bit more work, some attention to detail, and some fine cleaning, and you'll be way better off. It's a good start my man, but some of that just blared out to me. You know we are cool and this isn't a bag on you, I just was expecting something totally different. I think your car, with your taste, should be going for the clean/classy sleeper look. Get rid of the OEM spoiler and it'll be very slim looking. BTW, your front strut bar is perfect for the emblems that are on the way. LOL

Don't get mad at me please, you asked for opinions, and I know you are picky on performance like me, so I wanted you to get the true word from me, since I won't hold back on you. Keep up the good work, and put your effort into some other spots now. Let me know if you need help finding some of the stuff I mentioned.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i think it looks good. i like the painting of the stockers. they came out good (From afar. how do they look close up?)

other than that, stuff looks good. i wouldn't have painted the oil cap though.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

looks good mang
Old 09-02-2006, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

If you want to move your SAFC I will trade you one that is molded into the dash for yours. I would need the dash piece and the SAFC case, you keep the guts and I will keep my guts. That way we can drive the cars. Let me know if you are interested.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v201/jav...mgAnch=imgAnch1
Old 09-02-2006, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I love where the safc is mounted, people cant really see it from outside the car and it is not in the way of the windsheild. The only thing I can't see are the turn signals.

The rear carpets are impossible to get clean, I took a shop vac to them and the dirt just gets trapped.

Thanks for the additional comments.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:30 PM

Uhm, that's it?

First off, you need a shop vac and TAPE, or a lint roller to get the hair and lint shit out of the back. If your shop vac won't get it, use a BRUSH with the vac, or get a more powerful vac. My 2.5 amp one in the garage gets everything out of my stuff.

Second, a bunch of questions have been asked here. Your rear strut bar, some others. You gonna ignore them?

Try duct tape to get rid of the stuff in the carpets. Think of it like a super lint brush.

Third. Bullshit. Your odometer is UNreadable from there.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:35 PM

It looks like the Kspec rear bar to me, exactly like mine.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Sorry bout the short post, didn't have much time at the moment.

I'll try to answer some of your questions.

-The odometer IS friggin visible man! It just looks like you can't see it because of the angle of the pic. My head is much higher than where I held the camera so.. Although I can't see the turn signal indicators, I don't like them anyway.

-The rear strut bar and centerbars, are both from shark racing, as is the front strut bar. I just painted the rears gloss black.

-If you didn't notice, those are stock wheels painted black man, I just taped off the crooked H. I admit the job is pretty ghetto, but oh well. I would like to get some (and probably will in the near future) gram light 57 c's in gold.

-I personally hated the spark plug cover in black, I think both of them in red looks much cleaner. Taping off the lettering may have helped, but I have a SP cover with silver lettering that I may use to do that.

-LOL, yes, I regret to admit that they are wood screws tongue.gif holding the rear seat cover on. I considered making the piece longer but never really worried about it.

-I do need to spend a few hours cleaning up various things in the engine bay, but I am usually installing performance stuff most of the time. Same thing with the back seat area. I thought about taking all of those covers and such out and getting the metal carpeted instead, would save some weight and probably look good too.

-As for the new boots, yeah, maybe. I did shorten the stock shift boot so it doesn't sag so much.

-Painting interior parts is straight up RICE IMHO. I can't think of any interior part that I would like to paint, and I would paint NO parts inside the car any color other than black. I HATE cars that have half the friggin dash painted some goddam bright gloss red or something, get that shit outta here. Not on my car man. I just don't like it.

-I like to keep a pretty clean car, most of my modifications have been toward the performance side. Although I have been considering the clear corners for a while, dunno though. I can't see the point in spending money on something if I am content with the way it looks already.

-I DEFINATELY want to get some tint on the car, probably 20 or 25%.

-I like the shift knob, no point in spending the money if you are already happy.

I think I got everyone's questions and concerns answered. I didn't mean to be offensive with any of the content in my post, just thought what I said and how I said it would help you to see my opinions on certain things. Thanks again for the critisizm and comments, every little bit is helpful. Some things I think are good ideas, some things I disagree with. But allover, it will lead to a nicer car in the end so.