Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Picked Up A Motorcycle

Old 04-27-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

Thanks for the great advice Pat. i know i'm gonna wanna take it out on the road the very first day, but i'm not going to. a friend or my stepfather will be takin me to a pretty large parking lot to play around w/ it.

the reason why i bought it at a dealer had to do w/ money and insurance. my driving record is gonna haunt me for the next 3 years in regards to taking loans out for vehicles. it sucks. soooo, in order to buy this, i had to use a charge card. i'm gonna transfer the balance to a 0% offer REAL soon

can't wait to pick it up!!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

after putting it on the road, i had a friend of mine come down and just show me the ropes. i have a school right next to my apt so there's a pretty decent sized parking lot in it. he had me going back and forth going in between a couple obstacles. i started gettin bored w/ it so i took it on my street. it's a very minimal-traffic street that was just freshly paved. got the hang of high speed leans pretty good. kept goin back and forth. after a couple hours of practice i took it out around town and came up w/ almost no issues.

biggest one is starting from a complete stop on top of a hill. first time i did it, i got the front wheel off the ground. haha. i understand the theory of using the rear brake when it comes to a hill, but i haven't gotten used to it yet. stalled it out today on the same hill. other than that, riding a motorcycle is easy as it gets. the bike has quite a bit of balls considering its only a 250. it will probably be the only year i have it. next year i'll upgrade.

all in all, if you've considered buying your first bike and don't wanna get somethin too big, get yourself a Lil' Ninja. very very easy bike to learn on. after a couple hours, i'm already on the street.

a few more pics...

Old 05-04-2008, 01:29 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Looks like a good bike! Your first should allways be a 250 - 600 cc motorcycle. My first was a 82 Suzuki GS650G and I miss it. Right now I`m riding a bright as hell yellow 99 Honda CBR900RR. Im a motorcyclist before a tib guy (sorry guys) and would rather total my car that put a scratch on my bike.