Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

phorq's tiburon

Old 04-27-2004, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a while since I posted current pics of my car. Just recently I put on the drilled and slotted rotors from the group buy here, as well as Sprint springs (1.75" drop). All in all, I'm happy with the rotors, but disappointed with the springs. The front drop was acceptable, but the rear was a big problem. The springs didn't fit in the lower mounting perch by about 1/2". It seemed that the diameter of the coil was unwound too much. Without the rubber for it to sit on, it may have just barely fit into the perch, but with the rubber, it wouldn't. It seemed safe enough to install anyway, (no where for it to slide off), so I did. Also, both sway bar linkages to the strut were rusted solid, and not even an impact wrench would take it off, so we had to cut both out. ($30 each to replace through the dealer, ouch.) When I lowered the car, the back had actually raised about an inch above stock spring height. crapola. I loaded about 250 lbs. of tools, and two friends into the back and drove around the block. It lowered about an inch after that. I also kept all the tools in the back for about a week to help the springs settle. The pics below are about a week after install without any extra weight (besides the sub and box in the back). It's a little lower, but not 1.75"...

Sprint has finally updated their site to verify that they make springs for our site, but the support email doesn't work, and I haven't been able to get a hold of them. Let me know what you think.
Oh, and the silver pic on the back side window is going, it was on there as a joke...
And BTW, one of those wheels is Duplicolor Silver Wheel paint... it was a perfect match to the stock silver...

Front

Back

Old 04-27-2004, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hmm...

Lookin good still mang.

I'd say you need some clear corners and some tails.

And a wing.

LOL
Old 04-27-2004, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

are those angel eyes i see? wink.gif

get some night shots of those biznitches.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:37 PM

Lookin spiffy, but we all have come to know and love your interior...any updates on the interior? any new pics just for the hell of it?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:20 PM

Thanks guys...

Redz, my LED ruby tail conversion is still in the works, I have the LEDs, and I have the circuit board, I just need to work on the resistance issue to keep my blinker from spazzing out...

I'll get some angel eye pics when it isn't flurrying out... stupid snow in april.

I have some really original plans for a trunk setup, and I have the know-how and money to construct what I need, I just don't have the cash to buy a nicer amp and cap to show off... How ghetto would it be to have a really nice carpet and plexi setup just to show off a pioneer amp? That just ain't cool. I'm also working on getting the seats emboidered. But like I see/read a lot... words are only words, and talk is cheap. You'll be sure to see pics when/if I get things done.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:00 AM

phorq........make those tail PRIORITY #1.........we really need something original for our tails.......maybe tibby01 will try something similar.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:06 PM

Nice looking ride...... I am trying to do a led tail in my Gen 1...i also have to figure out the resistance issue..... I like the fact that we all think alike!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 11:10 PM

cool?.....

isn't it hard seeing stuff behind you with that big sticker...watch out for those little kids while backing up...
Old 05-06-2004, 07:27 AM

The tails are in the works, I've just been too busy dealing with all the issues from lowering my car (*headache*), so I haven't touched them in a couple weeks.

The sticker doesn't bother me at all anymore. I use my side mirrors more than the rearview. plus three's enough open space to see the important stuff behind me, need be. It's just gotten me pulled over a few times. FYI in NY, it's legal to have the back windsheild completely blacked out opaque, but illegal to put a decal or paint that gives you partial view. Weird stuff, eh? I've been called on that twice now by 2 different cops.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:09 PM

i'd say take it off....