Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Painted Radiator Hoses

Old 06-11-2006, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok apparently my old thread got deleted. Anyway, I got some purple high heat engine paint and took a stab at painting all three radiator hoses. It came out so good! The paint adhered well, and so far has not flaked or cracked at all. Granted, I've only drove the car twice since I painted them but I think the paint will last. I did very light coats. Let me know what ya'll think.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:55 PM

looks good... probably should have removed the hose clamps first.. have to see how they react to expansion and contraction from the heat
Old 06-11-2006, 07:06 PM

I actually like the one clamp that I painted. I may go back and paint the other one. And yeah thats the one thing I was worried about. The one time I drove it I took it on the highway and it was running for at least 20 minutes. It looked the same after that so I'll have to see over time. The paint seems pretty flexible though, I was able to squeeze the hose quite a bit before it started cracking.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

hmm. looks pretty good. hopefully it holds up in the longrun
Old 06-11-2006, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I don't think it looks so hot.

Also, a filter on your MAF is a very bad idea.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:54 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ why do you say that? isn't the whole point of the screen at the front of the MAF to direct air flow for proper reading at the MAF?

Swift, i think you should add some purple zip ties to those purple wire bundles.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:59 PM

2 Reasons.

1. OIL from the filter can get into your maf and mess it up easily.

2. The screen helps with air flow a bit, but it's more to keep anything from flying down the tube and hitting the MAF. Air Turbulence is going to be an issue.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:15 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah tc you should definitely get a cold air, it'll be noticeably better. where's your AIT sensor? if you don't have that plugged in there's trouble.

i hope it won't start flaking off. i think you should replace the hoses with some ss braided ones. i think they sell them on ebay but braided looks so much better.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Jun 12 2006, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^ why do you say that? isn't the whole point of the screen at the front of the MAF to direct air flow for proper reading at the MAF?

Swift, i think you should add some purple zip ties to those purple wire bundles.</div>

get your women right! I've got some purple zip ties, but only where they were necessary. I didnt wanna go overboard. As far as the sensor, its shoved into the filter. Ive got a CEL for sensors, maybe its that one, who knows, Im pretty sure the CEL is caused by the O2 sensors in the exhaust though. The car runs a little rich, but it runs very smooth. It loves WOT. As far as SS braiding, I had that on there and just took it off because it was cheap looking. The clamps discolored and the steel faded. It looked really cheap and sh!tty. I like the paint much better.

I've had the filter on there for a year and a half and have had no issues. When does oil ever get into the filter? lol And I took that screen out too. Again, no issues. I did it with the black tib also. Both cars run smoothly, especially at WOT.

Well anyway the paint is a temporary fix. When I get some money going again I'll spring for the real thing.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:21 PM

You took the screen out?

LMAO, put it back in! There's no reason to take it out and it's one of the ONLY things keeping a safety in place.

As for oil, your air filter, it's oiled right?

Also, you didn't answer, where's your IAT?

I'm sure it's running fine, but it'd run better, and more efficiently, if you had it done right.