Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Omfg Its Green!

Old 05-11-2006, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

...man why did you have the bumpers molded and not the skirts, wtf?

anyway, that color looks better than i thought. it really looks GOOD dude, i like it a lot.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:18 AM

DO NOT WASH IT...The chemicals in the soap will make your paint NASTY could even make it bubble up and peal off. Looking alot better though man. Get that new winshield and some nice wheels and clean taillights and some dark ass black tint and youll be looking good.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:21 AM

Your best bets with the paint now. Do NOT wash, do NOT wax. If you need to clean it, running water from a hose will do wonders, just make sure the paint is NOT hot from sitting in the sun or the cold water from the hose will destroy it.

When I talk running water.. I mean, right out of the hose.. NOT through a sprayer.. Also, do NOT wax the car until regular water stops beading on the paint on it's own. As stated above, the paint is still curing and will be outgassing for a while. Wax will trap the gas and ruin the paint.

while I am no fan of your green apple tib.. it looks a thousand percent better than it did before.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:38 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

I like it fing02.gif ...I have the stock tropical green color for my tib and yours looks hell good. DON'T WASH YOUR CAR!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:54 AM

Why not have your body guy paing your interior the same paint he just used on the outside instead of tryin to match it?

looks....alright lol better than before
Old 05-11-2006, 08:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow. Not bad at all. I was next to a Roadrunner yesterday that exact same color.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:55 AM

I think once you got everything on, it's going to look hot! With Black accents, yea, will look real nice. I think if you did some black line or like some Tribal styling on the side in black would look really good against that green color.

I look forward to seeing the finished product!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:16 AM

Well as zoned stated the bumpers are molded but the sideskirts are too as well, just not nearly as good. I dont know. This guy isnt really the greatest but right now I feel like I cant say anything because Im just overwhelmed with how much better it looks. For $300 for labor, what do you expect???

Wouldnt wet sanding scuff up the paint and make it look sh*tty??

And you're saying that adding more clear necessarily wont make it glossier... so would waxing it often help out until I buy the clear and have him re-sand it?

Edit:^^^ and whats wrong with my rims???

Edit 2: I thought about having him paint the interior plastic pieces with the same paint. I was going to ask him that today anyway. He seems like the type of character who'll be like "noo I used all the paint" and he'll have like half a can left or something.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:22 AM

^^it wont scuff it up if you use extremely FINE grit. someone tell him what grit. now if you use like 120 grit yea youll scuff it lol
Old 05-11-2006, 09:26 AM

Ahh so something like 400 then?? I dont really understand how sanding the paint will make it glossier, but ok.