Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

New Wheels & Suspension!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS
Wink New Wheels & Suspension!

Well, I finally got the time to sit down and edit some pictures of the new look of the tib. I know some of you may not like the look, and I can understand that. But, I'm proud of myself and my car's progress smile.gif

And also a HUGE special thank you to everyone on here who helped me with everything, Floyd and Josh to name a few. You guys are the best <3<3<3

Old 01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The pros:
GREAT offset. I know it's not exactly what you wanted but IMO leave it like this because it looks right already.
Great wheels. The color is not what I would choose, but the wheel design is great and really compliments the car.
Great stance. Good ride height to really make the Tib look good without looking artificially slammed like it's lowered simply to be lowered.

Suggestions:
IMO you need some more splashes of turquoise on the body to accentuate the wheels. Ricey? Possibly, but the color of the wheels does not flow with the car as it sits so IMO it's unavoidable. Graphics could work, or a creative use of a two tone scheme. Right now the car has a sort of "one of these things is not like the other" thing going on.

Paint the calipers, but don't do turquoise. Possibly do the Hyundai lettering in turquoise against black calipers. If your calipers don't have the Hyundai lettering swap for a set that does from the SE. Shouldn't be too spendy for the calipers from a wrecker.

Clear the corners on your headlights. With the new wheels, the orange strip seems more out of place than before.

Your car is unique for sure, even though it doesn't work for everybody. It's well done and an expression of what you want. If everyone wanted the same thing, none of us would have ever pointed a wrench at a Hyundai in the first place.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

nice looking ride....

Is that Sandbridge? i go on vacation there ever other year or so. used to go surfing there alot too when my bro was stationed in norfolk.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:39 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Very unique look. Like Floyd said, you need more turquoise. Consider a graphic or complimenting with matching mirrors or a center graphic. Do not paint a whole panel that color as or will look like primer. I would definarely follow through and complete this transformation which you have started
Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

not to be a douche, but that went from the only new(est) tib I liked to.... im just not feelin the rims. The blacked out with the yellow fogs was the sh*t, IMO. On that note.. what rims are those? I love the design. Want them in white for my sonata.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Yeah, I liked the "murda" look as well. Deffinitely need to offset thr color of those wheels with something. The drop is freakin' sweet though!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

hmmm old school type hand painted pin striping?

edit: tried to find and example of what im talking about.. most of the stuff i found on google was a little over the top compared to what is in my head
Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

being honest here i'm not feeling the color of the rims. and the rims look like the popular Volks, okay but popular. i would have chosen bronze, but it's cool.

i've loved the tenzo type-m:

but that's just me, i have a very different way of looking at cars and don't mind me!

that being said, i don't mind the factory rims on that car either. especially the bronze ones on the euro TSIII limited edition:

props to doing the work yourself! and for making it happen. it's definitely cool.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Looks great, but I agree that you have too many colors happening. Turqoise rims, yellow fogs, amber reflectors, black car. It needs something really small to offset the rims, like either a light pinstriping, or even maybe an eyedrop on the windshield.

Either way though...car does in fact look great! thumbsup1.gif
Old 01-28-2010, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Paint the center part of the hood (between the ripple things) and the roof and the center of the hatch turquoise.