Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

New toys...

Old 03-08-2005, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX
Default New toys...

Just made it here, brakes off of Skyline GTR, targa car I think, turbo off of a single conversion GTR, BOV from some ricer down the street[he didnt know that you need a flange, so he wanted to sell it as a flawed kit LOL] still missing: HKS DRAG intercooler from the same ar the turbo came from, Motec M800 standalone, HKS IM, and a manifold that I just havent had the time to design yet....gonna be a PITA too.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:22 AM

Yeaaa baby. Boost that shiz up.
Those are some hefty brakes dude.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:31 AM

Didnt have a choice in the brake matter bro, I cooked the stock Brembos several times already from the 200m mark, and it wasn't fun to have them go away right before the turn-in. Figured, if those wills top a targa GTR, they'll stop somthing as light as a Lancer LOL.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:46 AM

I wasnt saying it was a bad thing, i think there nice.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Pretty... those brakes are beefy dude, should me more than enough. I hope.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

DAMN!!!

those brakes could stop michael jackson from harrassing little boys. wink1.gif

post up some pics of the car too. havent seen any in a while. laugh.gif:
Old 03-08-2005, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>DAMN!!!

those brakes could stop michael jackson from harrassing little boys. wink1.gif</div>

Holy MF-ing crap LMAO, thanks tibby i needed a new quote in my sig...

Whens all this stuff going in mang?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:18 PM

Prolly within the next three weeks, the car's going to be completed before Autosalon, the boss wants it in the dyno shootout so I guess the semester break's gonna be dedicated to it pretty much. The worst part I forsee will be the fabricaion of the manifold to fit the turbo; I don't wanna pony up for the HKS unit[cracks after a while, material is too thin and of not-too-good quality] and the BozZ Speed unit which is supposedly better than the HKS one, well, since we can build better the mech-in-charge said to go for it. Hopefully that will help to eliminate the lag issues related to a turbine this size, because we actually get to play with the flow properties[read: PITA fluid dynamics programs again which I havent gotten my head around yet...]
Old 03-08-2005, 09:28 PM

You know, you reminded me. There was a Fiat 124 coupe running around Australia with a Lancia Delta Engine for power and a set of Nissan 300 ZX turbo brakes. Supposedly the braking force from those huge brakes was enough to almost put the car on it's nose.

So, why did you choose those brakes in particular and not aftermarket Brembos, Tar=ox (my favorite) or even some of many porsche kits I have seen running around?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:55 PM

Mad, the porsche kits are availible to me through several friends, the Tarox and stock GTR brakes were also considered, but the price of those were insane. I can also get Alcons, Project Mu and Endless units. However, these did not have the support stucture that is needed when it comes to very frequent use/abuse.

The factors on my mind were:

-Widest range of pad selection
-Service support
-Resale

A company that we're good friends with is also the distributor of AP systems locally, and so I went with the option that had the greatest chance of being repaired within the shortest downtime, which had the widest range of pads for local conditions in stock, and the radial mounting system allows me to re-sell the kit to almost anyone with 18" wheels[pending neotiations for fitment, which I'll prolly be doing anyway] I didn't like massive downtime that came with the Porsche, Brembo, Endless and Alcon units; the parts for those are hard to get here in Melbourne. AP's have seals, lines, rebuild and tooling support on the shelves and in the shops all ready to go. And this kit was sold at a fraction of the price, even for a second-hand set. Edit: also came with a rebuild kit.