Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

New Rear Strut Bar

Old 01-21-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, I see what you're sayin Nate. I'll try to find out who they're manufacturer is. As far as I can tell, they may be the same bar with different brackets. If thats the case, it does suck that they are marked up. But, in a way, I can see where they are coming from.

The only place I have found rear strut bars for the RD tibs is Sharkracing. They sell their's for 92.00 shipped, if and when it will be shipped, who knows. I found a very similar strut bar for the 2003-2008 tibs on Importshark that claims it will hanlde stress up to 2200 lbs. Let me see if I can get some concrete numbers from the manufacturer. I gotta get ahold of them anyways and see if they can send out a polished strut bar to showcase for you guys as well.

In the mean time, grab us a pic of yours Jer if you wouldnt mind, or at least point me in the right direction so I can make some comparisons as well. I want to make sure you guys are happy before we do a group buy, and, I honestly would not promote a product/part that I would not put on my Tib. Infact, I'm curious to see if these polished aluminum bars can replace my aluminum sandblasted one under the hood. They adjust the same way, so it might be possible. (fingers crossed) I would love to have all my suspension braces, front, center, and rear, match for the car shows coming up in here in a few months.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doesn't look bad, but yeah if there basicly the same as Ebay one's then i think it's a bit over priced, not to be an ass about it.

but good luck.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

No need to apologize man. I dont think your an ass. I think you are a smart consumer and want to know all the facts. I do to. Thats why I posted this here to get peoples reactions and see if this is not only a good deal for you guys, but will be a viable and lucrative endeavor for this new vendor. We want a good quality part at a good price, and lets be honest, they need to make a buck as well.

A group buy may work out with this product, it may not. Depending on if THEIR supplier will work with them, they may be better off throughing this to ebay and letting those of us who are interested purchase it at our descretion. But, I think the most important and fantastic thing is that we have another option on a part that is beginning to become hard to come by and a vendor that is willing to work with us. I am eagerly waiting to see what else they have for us in the future, which they are suppose to be sending me here VERY soon!

I just emailed them with all the questions you guys have had and also a link to this thread so they can see the concerns you have had thus far. So far, they have been very upfront and honest with me. I dont expect that to change.

In the meantime, lets wait until I hear back from them. Hopefully I will get us some manufacture details, actual specs on the bar, and a few of your questions answered about the price point that folks are concerned about. Patience my brotha's and sista's, patience. fing02.gif
Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

that sounds like a plan...keep up the hard work finding us parts
Old 01-22-2009, 11:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibbytib @ Jan 22 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No need to apologize man. I dont think your an ass. I think you are a smart consumer and want to know all the facts. I do to. Thats why I posted this here to get peoples reactions and see if this is not only a good deal for you guys, but will be a viable and lucrative endeavor for this new vendor. We want a good quality part at a good price, and lets be honest, they need to make a buck as well.

A group buy may work out with this product, it may not. Depending on if THEIR supplier will work with them, they may be better off throughing this to ebay and letting those of us who are interested purchase it at our descretion. But, I think the most important and fantastic thing is that we have another option on a part that is beginning to become hard to come by and a vendor that is willing to work with us. I am eagerly waiting to see what else they have for us in the future, which they are suppose to be sending me here VERY soon!

I just emailed them with all the questions you guys have had and also a link to this thread so they can see the concerns you have had thus far. So far, they have been very upfront and honest with me. I dont expect that to change.

In the meantime, lets wait until I hear back from them. Hopefully I will get us some manufacture details, actual specs on the bar, and a few of your questions answered about the price point that folks are concerned about. Patience my brotha's and sista's, patience. fing02.gif</div>

Sounds pretty good, i'd like to see more company's supplying us tibby owners with more parts, i'm sorta used to the Nissan world that there's a wide range of company's to deal with.
it's much easier, i mean i haven't been around the Tiburon world alot but i have noticed the lack of part's/company's for these car's.

serously though good luck with this and keep us informed.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:59 PM

$75 shipped you say? Improved handling you say? I can see no reason not to jump at this offer. How tricky are they to install? DYI?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yup, you DIy them.

It's easy, there should be a DIy in the DIy section for them.

In fact, I think I did one.

You take off the plastic parts, the metal parts, fit the mounts, cut 2 holes, mount the bar, tighten the nuts, then put everything back.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Still looking for a picture of the brackets though.