Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

New Rear Strut Bar

Old 01-21-2009, 01:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok folks, so've been holding this back for a while until the time was right, at least for me anyways.

Remember the Aluminum Oil Cap Group Buy that was a smash hit? Well, here is the second installment!

Let me know what you think!

Just like last time, they are offering group buys especially for us. The model I got is an Aluminum Sand Blasted finish. The only carry Polished Aluminum (Chrome) bars and that is what will be available for the group buy. If folks are interested in getting mine, we will work something out because I am more interested in the chrome bars they now have available.

ANYWAYS....let me know what you think!

My reactions thus far:

The quality is medium grade. Not the worst, but not the best either. Probably the best comparison is with the front strut tower bars sold on ebay. I personally have one of these and it works GREAT with my AIRRAM. There are other bars out there for a lot more money then these will go for. Its basically up to you. I previously had an arc racing strut bar in the rear (at least thats what it looked like). It was pretty damn solid. This bar is not quite as solid, but honestly, I did not feel the difference in the handling between the two. I DID notice a difference when I had no bar in the rear end.

So, expect a group buy coming up on these soon, in the neighborhood of 75.00 shipped. They will also have color option brackets available in a variety of colors!

PS - Not to get ya'll too excited, but they are sending me a prototype of ANOTHER part that they are currently developing!! I will have more details on this once I receive it and get it installed on the tib. nana.gif smile.gif
Old 01-21-2009, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

it looks like all the strut bars on ebay...

Old 01-21-2009, 08:54 AM

The build quality is the same, but I dont believe the sellers on ebay offer polished finishes or choice of color for the brackets. Not that thats a big deal, most of us are compentent enough to use a rattle can in a pinch. I personally really like the bar I got off ebay. The brackets ended up working with the AIRRAM which was a big help for me.

Like I said, I dont think this is the BEST bar on the market, but it will also cost considerably less than whats available. In my opinion, a great compromise for price and style if folks are looking for a polished (chrome) aluminum finish rear strut bar to accent the trunk of the car and give a great level of performance at the same time.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Man you do SOOO much for this comunity!!!!

P.S. Change you dang sig pic!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:43 AM

^^Yeah, its kind of vintage now.....LOL!!!

Hey, I've gotten so much from this site in the past 5 years or so, I am happy to give back as much as I can. Plus, I know how hard it is for us to find companies who want to work with such a small car club. When one of us finds them, hopefully we ALL feel that its our responsibility to bring them to the community and share the love. Dont get me wrong, I'm not a pure saint! I want new parts as well!!!

I can tell you this, the prototype they are sending me to test will be another suspension part that should be very competitive with the expensive brands in our market at this time.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Looks almost identical to the whiteline rear bar. Better than the standard rear bar you see all over the place, that's for sure. I've got the whiteline.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

looks like the exact same bar as they use on the 10$ front bar on ebay.. got any pics of the brackets? they look the same style also.

if it is the same quality.. 75$ shipped is ALOT
Old 01-21-2009, 03:03 PM

jer- i was thinking the same thing. it looks a lot like yours. would u mind postin a pic of urs so we could compare? yours is polished finish, correct?

socks- i kind of felt the same way until i researched other rear strut bars. i think for the price it give peole options. may not be the option for you, but maybe someone elses cup of tea. its simply another option that we get, and i think thats a great thing for the folks here.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Mine is polished and yes, I've got pics of it in my photobucket somewhere. Lot sof places in fact. My Phoenix Nopi folder has em.

As for it being the same design, yes, they probably are, but the quality of a $10 strut bar might not be all there. I'd like to know what they are made of myself.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

o, its great for you tib guys getting more options..

im just saying if the bar is the SAME (material, quality, SAME PIECE) and the mounts are made from the same manufacturer and made the same (welds,paint, material), it would be kinda crappy if they had a huge markup just cuz it was a new bar.