Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

New Pics Of Equal Length Header

Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really hoping I'll have good news about these being in stock today. Otherwise, I'll call again next Friday. I had a great meeting with the manufacturer monday, and we're going to be producing a ton of new parts for the Genesis as well. Hopefully these come in though, but I just wanted to show you the fitment on a stock car.

This car has only this lil shorty intake, but retains stock exhaust, stock fans, etc. Look at the pics for fitment. This thing hugs the block better than stock, and that blue tint to the header makes it look bad ass in person. I'm sure some of you will still want these ceramic coated too, which would keep them nice and silver to match other polished parts.

So check it out. This blew me away. BOLT ON. No mods needed, no extra pieces, flex pipes, flanges, nothin, just unbolt stock, bolt on sex. Enjoy, and hopefully these will be in soon through FlyRyde and KFX!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Looks great!! Just to reinforce, as this was a big question in the past, this requires no modification to the flex pipe?

Clean your engine bay dude! LOL
Old 04-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Banned

they look pretty damn nice. woulda been nice if the car was taken to the car wash before pics though. nana.gif

do the rd1 and rd2 have the same bolt up spot for the stock flex pipe? i guess what i am really wondering is the actual header part of rd1 and rd2 is the same, with the same flange, to make it bolt on for both generations.

its crazy how much those hug the block. gives people alot of room when installing them without having to worry about the fans at all.

did you ever get anything else going with that catback exhaust you were working on? would be something sweet to eventually offer people. they could buy header, flex pipe, and catback.

none the less, looks good. hope they sell good so you can get at least get out of the hole. kids cost alot of money. lol
Old 04-25-2008, 10:56 AM

no doubt on the kids thing. I spoke with the manufacturer on Monday. We're doing a full line of Hyundai parts. I deal with the owner directly on all new development, and they have multiple factories to produce as much as we need. Bill has been working with them for a long time now on headers and such, so they have the upmost faith in any projects we bring them, without the need to beg. They're going to do a full workup on the Genesis, and I'm trying to get one before they come out. So if all goes well, yeah man, that under axle apex exhaust is the next thing comin. They've had it for a while, and he was actually a little embarrased that he didn't update me on that sooner.

Figure with the new ECU upgrade, these headers, a high flow cat, and the new exhaust, an intake and a cam all tuned up, we'll see some nice 170whp N/A tibs soon. Keep us track worthy at least, and all of those upgrades for about 1/3 to 1/4 the price of a turbo kit. I can see a day soon when people look at the new V8 and turbo 4 Genesis, and find themselves looking at older hyundais to play with (ie: same as people did with the 240sx when the new Z came out) That's my goal.

Oh, and I was lucky enough that the wife was taking a pregnant day nap so I could even bolt that thing up, I wasn't try to show off the car or anything, just hoping and praying the header would bolt right up.

As I've gathered info on all generations of Tiburons I can tell you this. The stock exhaust manifold bolts up the head, and the flex pipe at the same points for all years of Tiburons, Elantras, and Spectras rockin the beta. I had guessed about this in the past, but I took the opportunity to get all cut up and dirty yestery confirming that smile.gif Hey, with the headers in port, I figured it'd make sense to put any guessing behind me, and confirm that YES, without ANY mods, the header bolts right up to the BetaI. The only thing I noticed was that the flange is about 1-2 inches further under the block for the BetaII manifold, but the bolt holes line up PERFECTLY. Since the flex section is only 12 inches past the flange, there is zero problem installing this. Another nice thing is that the studs from the head do not need any mods even though the header flares up right after the head. There is one nut that has to be installed first, as it will not fit if you just slide the flange all the way on to begin with. I did the swap from stock to sex in about 30 minutes with a 3/8 socket wrench, a short extension, and a long 14mm socket, just like I've always used for the stocker.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Awesome man. Cant wait to see the Genesis parts as well. And its going to be great for you to be able to pay everyone back and start having some fun.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Banned

wow, that worked out really well. producing one header works for rd, rd2, and beta spectras, AND you didn't need to spend time/money producing specific flex pipes..
Old 04-25-2008, 11:42 AM

no kidding, I was under the impression that I was incapable of having a successful development of ANYTHING, lol, ya know? Although, I've been working on THIS PROJECT for THIS header for years now...

My car at Hotshot "getting the header developed" a couple years ago:

Only thing that came out of that was some dents and scratches, and a year of my fresh paint sitting in the sun, fading my interior...

Old Blue:

"You're my boy blue!"

And of course the wonderful turnout of our exhaust run that ended up 2/3 missing after wackass Hotshot went under...

So for sure, I'm hopeful with all of this. I've always intended the best, but until now it just seemed I was fated for failed attempts. This stuff is the only reason I get pissed off when new comers doubt my rediculous devotion to the "other" H
Old 04-25-2008, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

looks sweet!!!! fing02.gif think i'm getting one too.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:45 PM

That looks really sweet!

I would highly consider getting those.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Apr 25 2008, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>they look pretty damn nice. woulda been nice if the car was taken to the car wash before pics though. nana.gif

do the rd1 and rd2 have the same bolt up spot for the stock flex pipe? i guess what i am really wondering is the actual header part of rd1 and rd2 is the same, with the same flange, to make it bolt on for both generations.

its crazy how much those hug the block. gives people alot of room when installing them without having to worry about the fans at all.

did you ever get anything else going with that catback exhaust you were working on? would be something sweet to eventually offer people. they could buy header, flex pipe, and catback.

none the less, looks good. hope they sell good so you can get at least get out of the hole. kids cost alot of money. lol</div>

I agree fully with Nate here, good lord those look nice. Lots of space = ftw!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Apr 25 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Figure with the new ECU upgrade, these headers, a high flow cat, and the new exhaust, an intake and a cam all tuned up, we'll see some nice 170whp N/A tibs soon. Keep us track worthy at least, and all of those upgrades for about 1/3 to 1/4 the price of a turbo kit. I can see a day soon when people look at the new V8 and turbo 4 Genesis, and find themselves looking at older hyundais to play with (ie: same as people did with the 240sx when the new Z came out) That's my goal.</div>

Meh, more like 150's. Maybe more at lower altitudes, but I'd say 150's.

Still though, a LOT more fun to drive.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Apr 25 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no kidding, I was under the impression that I was incapable of having a successful development of ANYTHING, lol, ya know? Although, I've been working on THIS PROJECT for THIS header for years now...

My car at Hotshot "getting the header developed" a couple years ago:

Only thing that came out of that was some dents and scratches, and a year of my fresh paint sitting in the sun, fading my interior...

Old Blue:

"You're my boy blue!"

And of course the wonderful turnout of our exhaust run that ended up 2/3 missing after wackass Hotshot went under...

So for sure, I'm hopeful with all of this. I've always intended the best, but until now it just seemed I was fated for failed attempts. This stuff is the only reason I get pissed off when new comers doubt my rediculous devotion to the "other" H</div>

Yeah, I'd been thinking about that lately. Everything was going so well for Flyryde, parts produced, parts in production, then Hotshot, one of the great names in headers/exhausts, decides to quit and leave your money tied up in all of that shit. That was the day flyryde got f***ed, hard. It's one of the only reasons folks have stuck by Chris here, and I do have faith that he'll get it all done.

Why?

He's a friend. I'm glad bill has been able to help out, and I know the fights we've had personally in private hurt some, but it's part of the business.

I honestly think that the best thing is to get these sold off (bill told me they'd be shipping on monday), get debts repaid, and when the balance is above $0, abandon the Flyryde name.

Sounds like a lot, and I'm not saying give up the business, but reorganize, get a new untarnished name, and 100% participation with Bill. Maybe run KFXPerformance West Coast.

Just a thought.

You still have all of those exhausts and stuff?