Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

New Members Project Car/dd/winter Beater

Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '97 hyundai tiburon fx

Took some time today to fix my temporary voltmeter mounting. While doing that I got my oil pressure gauge where I wanted it as well. The oil pressure won't be hooked up for awhile since I don't have an oil filter adapter yet. So it'll just light up for a bit.

Here's some pics of how it went.

I know the bolts are different and don't look so great but they'll look better when the match and I get some countersunk anodized washers. I still have to make a bracket to mount the bottom. If anybody knows how I can hook up the oil pressure gauge without the adapter I'd love to hear it.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 PM

So I learned today that having a voltmeter is pointless if you don't take the 30 secs you need to hook it up. Last night while driving my airbag light randomly came on. That was wierd as it was,then when I turned my highbeams on they both blew out at the same time. I figured must be some crappy wiring(the owner before had a volt stabilizer hooked up and it was poorly done). So today on lunch I'm in a macdonalds drive thru and my cd stops for a sec,while I'm wiping my face(I'm a welder and was busy today haha),so I start moving forward while doing this and my car stalls. I get all embarrassed for stalling and franticly try to start my car and....nothing.

Car had to be towed 45 mins back home because my alternator died. And I would have probably known this if I had just taken the time to re connect 2 wires.

I was not impressed. Sorry for the shitty pics...cellphone.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:31 PM

New altenator ordered.....will be here Tuesday. Can't wait.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

What did you use at the mounting plate for your gauges? Is it fiberglass or metal? I made something very similar for my Camaro out of Fiberglass and just used the stock mounting points to mount it.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:26 PM

^^^^^^

Sorry for the late reply I haven't checked my thread in a bit. I actually just took the ashtray compartment apart. The cover that pops open is 2 pieces I just took the top piece off and made some quick mounts up. I'm using the stock locations just a quick redneck mounting system. It works so far so I'll leave it alone for now. But quick update kind of....

Can I call it a theme yet?

My shift boot was hanging on by one screwand I hated the saggy look so I drilled out the mounting tabs on the shifter surround and threw some bolts threw to pull it back up. I figure I could stand the ugly but now that I'm done I actually like the look of it. Plus it matches the gauges now.

Also I'm getting set to redo my whole trunk. Hopefully after the weekend I'll be able to update with a little of that.