Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

New beater

Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon
Default New beater

Well, it has been almost seven years that I have been with my Tib. Caring for it and upgrading. And it has coma a long way from a 1,6 liter 4 banger to a 2,0 liter turbocharged animal. It is up for sale now but secretly I do hope it won't sell and I'll get to have a weekend turbo runs with it. Until then it will be stored on warm place as an exhibit in my friends Hyundai service shop front end reception. Good for her isn't it.

Well, the replacement is here. I have been willing to get a Gen Coupe but since those are still not available in Croatia (and no signs of near availiability) I ended up buying a next best thing - 2008 3,5 liter V6 Nissan 350Z with Premium Pack

And the story goes on - starting with mods soon :-D

Here are some pics:

Old 07-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

very nice!!

hope you decide to keep your tib though. Your tib was definitely one of the nicest turbo tibs out there.. Very clean looking also!!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Z car > gen

Looks great man I kicked around getting one of those myself but I gotta wait for some dumb stuff to blow over.....maybe next year
Old 07-25-2012, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Hey I loved your Tiburon! I sure hope you decide to squeeze some more years out of it.

I remember seeing them parked in front of restaurants (brand new back then of course) in Croatia and wondering how cool and lucky it must have been to own such a nice car in such a nice place filled with such beautiful women! Especially because it was a symbol of the 90's from which it was the best and coolest design (of many nostalgic designs) in my opinion. My have times changed! Now I see them at junkyards lol!

I miss seeing "HR" on cars! Cheers!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Nice car, but don't bother with NA mods. The Vq35HR really doesn't respond much to them. The thing is so damn strung out in stock form. Just stick to suspension for now and go straight to forced induction. Trust me, I had a 350Z and am now a Tech at a Nissan dealership. I've also built many Z's and GTR's.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:16 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Nice car, but don't bother with NA mods. The Vq35HR really doesn't respond much to them. The thing is so damn strung out in stock form. Just stick to suspension for now and go straight to forced induction. Trust me, I had a 350Z and am now a Tech at a Nissan dealership. I've also built many Z's and GTR's.

2 all: well as it seems now I will keep a Tib for a bit more since there is no interest for buying it. A bit of a problem is that I have three cars now Tib, Z and a little Renault Clio Sport which my wife drives most of the time. It is hard to keep all three cars running. Also I am a bit sorry to let it go after all, only recently I upgraded front brakes with Porsche calipers and 320 mm brake discs. Also negative camber sits on it quite nice.

@ i8acobra: good to know that i can ask you some questions. How good is Vq35HR for FI? Do I need to go with forged pistons and con rods straight away or do the OEM pistons and rods bare a low FI load of 0,5 bar?

Also, I have an issue with some of the electric stuff - inner blinker lights are not working as well as high beam info light inside the car and that open door chime and lights in the doors when the same are

open. As far as I have been researching it seems that BCM module might be to blame. Are BCM's for US and Euro models the same?

@ HKC: Well now is the time to visit Croatia again and enjoy the beauty of it. It is still not to expensive and there are beautiful women still around ;-).
Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Nice buy Hive .. Keep the tib untill you get hard up for cash !lol.. I'll prob have mine untill I smash her or she rots !..I also have 2 cars a truck and a bike,and also know it can be a chor keeping them all on the road.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Yep, sounds like the BCM. Yes... .5 Bar should be fine on stock pistons with your gas. They run fine with that pressure here with our 91 octane gas (RON + MON/2). I personally prefer a centrifugal supercharger on that engine.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Looking great man. I'll definitely be watching this build.

Also, I've never seen a rear fog on a 350Z. Neat!