Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My Tiburon (pics)

Old 09-30-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

Just thought I'd show you all my '01 tib. She was purchased brand new by my dad back in 2000. The clock just rolled over 100k so the modding begins now cool.gif

Last weekend I put on:
- Ebay CAI (real cai with cone filter inside drivers fender)
- AEM bypass valve
- Ebay front strut bar (brackets already bending) mad.gif
- Ebay short throw shifter (used a aluminum pop can and tread-locker to reduce shifter slop, also fabricated bottom bushing out of nylon washers and epoxy) lmao.gif
- C-west voltage stabilizer
- Ebay oil catch can(in breather line) & water air separater(in pcv valve line)
- Battery to chassis ground(2 gauge) & Chassis to engine block ground(4 gauge)
- Throttle body coolant bypass(+1000whp) laughing.gif

I just ordered R1 Concepts D/S Brake Rotors/Pads, and Magnum stainless steel braided brake lines(should be installed by next Monday).

My future mod list is to big to list but here are a few ones that should be coming soon:
- Optima Blue Top
- Obx blue radiatior hoses
- HID kit
- Clear corners
- Nightshade tails
- Either D2 or KSport coil-overs
- KJB equal-length header

Here are some pics of my car as she sits now(sorry about crappy quality, my digi-cam got picked off me in Praha).

My recent mods

This was my red tiburon. I bought her with the intention of making it into an auto-x car. Paid $1,750 for the car minus the hood and drivers side fender.
I eventually sold the car because it was to much of a headache (frame damage, shot springs & struts, needed new shifter forks, bunch of other little things).

I managed to get her down to 2460 lbs. laugh.gif

Heres a pic of my blue one with the CF hood and rims on it. Unfortunately I sold the CF hood with the red one. I still have the rims but they are prone to bending when you hit potholes(their are literally thousands of dips and potholes here in Lubbock)

Constructive criticism is defiantly appreciated fing02.gif

Thx for looking!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

not bad at all.. too bad you cant keep those rims on the car, and too bad you sold your CF hood with the red car... kinda reminds me of my tib way back in the day with dark rims and CF hood. only mine had the kit on it..

looks like you are doing alot of good DIYs.

ebay CAI looks nice, especially for the price.

theres alot of other DIYs you can do for very cheap, like night shading the corners, marker lights, black headlight bezels (i have a DIY on it)

HD front lip and sides look pretty good on the stock body.

tint those windows dark, and itll give the car a whole new look.

couple hours and about 15$ of paint in the engine bay and itll look like a completely different engine bay.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Clear corners... Cheap and make a big difference in the look. Only difference between yours and mine is your CF hood and I had clear corners...

Old 09-30-2008, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Winston @ Sep 30 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just ordered R1 Concepts D/S Brake Rotors/Pads, and Magnum stainless steel braided brake lines(should be installed by next Monday).</div>

Weren't the Magnum lines the ones that leaked?

Pretty sure they were the ones I had before my Goodrich.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>theres alot of other DIYs you can do for very cheap, like night shading the corners, marker lights, black headlight bezels (i have a DIY on it)

HD front lip and sides look pretty good on the stock body.

tint those windows dark, and itll give the car a whole new look.</div>

I'm leaning towards clear corners right now. I wanted to go with blacked out headlights and corners but I'm afraid I'll mess them up. I will definitely be night shading my tails though.

Is that similar in style to the GT tech lip?

And ya, I've been meaning to get the car tinted for a month now. It's kind of a must here in TX.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Clear corners... Cheap and make a big difference in the look. Only difference between yours and mine is your CF hood and I had clear corners...</div>
Most definitely man. cool.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Weren't the Magnum lines the ones that leaked?</div>
Crap sad.gif Probably should have looked into them before I bought them owned.gif

And btw SOCKS, I just noticed your signature. Very nice SRT-4!!! fing02.gif My best friend has an '05. It's funny how people always underestimated the neon. lmao.gif

Here it is before he started modding it. \/\/\/

Old 10-01-2008, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Looking good man, you definitely need to do the corners, its a easy mod, I just did it last weekend and it turned out real nice. If you remember, what seller did you get the cai from? I just got one that was supposed to look like that and it was a pos wai at best.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

Looks good man keep up the goodworkk and dont be afraid to ask advice from people ont he boards.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Banned

winston, i wasn't talking about blacking out the headlights, just the housings. lens will still be clear.. its REALLY easy.. i did it do both sets of my headlights, start to finish in under 2 hours.

i can walk ya thru it if you are interested.

your friends srt-4 looks nice. i thought about just painting the stock rims, but 17x6 was too skinny for me.. my wheels are 17x8s.

i really wanted a black srt, but i got what was available when i was buying. getting used to the white though.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:38 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If you remember, what seller did you get the cai from? I just got one that was supposed to look like that and it was a pos wai at best.</div>

I bought the intake from ebay seller chromeintakes for $30 shipped. It only came with the air filter, and the top and bottom intake tubes you see in the picture however. I bought the other tubes from autozone for $10 each. So the intake ended up costing me about $70, not including the aem bypass valve($50). It is 3" diameter piping though, and IMO a good alternative to the aem cai(for the price).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Looks good man keep up the goodworkk and dont be afraid to ask advice from people ont he boards.</div>

Thanks man fing02.gif

And to SOCKS ^

I read through your DIY. The thing that worries me is that I wouldn't seal the headlights correctly and would end up getting water in them. It does look very sexy though cool.gif

And my friend has gotten new rims since the pics were taken but the only picture I could find was taken with my crappy phone camera mad.gif

I believe the size is 17x7.

Also that's REALLY weird that you couldn't find a black one.

It's the exact opposite in Iowa(white is extremely hard to come by but black is the most common color).

I'm sure he'd by more than willing to trade with you lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif
Old 10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned

yeah.. there weren't many locals for sale when i was buying, and i had some criteria that i needed met. like i wanted one that was pretty much stock, almost mint condition and under 45k miles.

ive seen those style wheels on a couple srts, not a fan of the polished lip though.

sealing them is easy, i just re heated mine and used the original sealant.

find a set of lights in a junkyard and i will paint em for ya if you want.