Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My Tiburon Build Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

well, i have basicly done nothing to the tib all summer, accept a crappy canadian tire CD deck because my stock one was over heating and would stop playing songs and on one occasion while shifting and slightly burned the top of my hand, and some hyundai shoulder pads.

this will be a slow topic as i dont have a lot of money to dispose of, but i will be covering everything i do in this thread. by the spring i wish to have my supsension done, custom cat back, flyride headers, redone stereo, some interior touches, and a body kit to be fitted.

body wise i want a genious front bumper, havnt decided on the side skirts, a gk rear defusser, and probly keep the shark wing on till i can get a hold of this CF spoiler i want(forget the name)

and here is the pics of how it sits as of today.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:05 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

first things first clean ur engine bay!! lol

ur interior is nice and shiney tho, i bet the new deck is better then the stock one anyway... rolleyes.gif
Old 10-26-2007, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Consider doing these two absolutely free mods to get you started. smile.gif

TB Coolant Bypass

Resonator Removal
Old 10-26-2007, 09:41 AM

+1 on doing the resonator removal and + another on cleaning the engine bay. It need's it really badly.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

ahh the resonator removal, that takes me back in the day...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

And a better camera for pictures nana.gif

Sounds like you have a good plan for it, cant wait to see some progress
Old 10-26-2007, 12:14 PM

Vehicle: car

Sounds cool mang, good luck! And the Throttle Body bypass is not a good idea for him, hes in canada.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Banned

TB bypass would be fine. aftermarket BBTBs dont have the cooling like the stock and i have heard of not ONE person with problems. i am close enough to canada and it gets really cold here, around 0 or less in winter and never had a problem.

liz live in canada and i haven't ever heard her have any problems without the coolant lines running to the TB.

i remember the day of the resonator removal. i think it was the third day i had my car, before i was a member of any forums. i just saw all that extra crap and ripped it out of the car.

i have also had the TB bypas done for around three years and never had the TB even feel like it was stuck.

there are a ton of little mods you can do to your tib for under 100$. here are some i would recommend.

grill mesh
TB bypass
resonator removal
paint engine bay parts (valve cover, spark plug cover, fuse box, coolant tank, power steering tank)
paint headlight bezels
de badge whole car
shifter bushings
ENGINE DEGREASER...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

^^ I live in Northern Alberta. It doesn't get any colder anywhere else in Canada unless you're up in the solid ice territory way up north. wink1.gif
When I bought my car the "coolant bypass mod" was already done to it, and i've never had a problem. My car starts up in -40 C without ever plugging in the block heater.

Don't worry about it freezing up on you. smile.gif
Old 10-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Don't get rid of the shark spoiler. That spoiler is the single most perfect looking spoiler ever, IMO.

And dude, you should take the camera out of the palstic before you use it nana.gif