Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My Stereo And Interior Progress

Old 04-05-2008, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

well im gettin to the point where the progress on my car has become photogenic... so here we go.

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">And my custom dash piece holding my deck and I Pod</span>

tomorrow my manager has decided to open the shop so me and another guy can work on our cars because we need to have them finnished in 3 weeks for the Powerama car show! so i will have updated pics after im done at the shop. i should hopefully have the amp racks made and fiberglass layed over the trunk!!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Nice work. I did the same thing with Dynamat in my Tib as well. Stripped everything out, and layed it down EVERYWHERE. Nice work on the radio surround. If anything happens and you need a spare...I've got 3.... lmao.gif
Old 04-05-2008, 07:39 PM

lol.... no need for spare tire... i have AMA. road side assistance takes up less room in my wallet than the spare tire in my spare tire well
Old 04-05-2008, 07:54 PM

Looking real good! Couple questions:
You doing all the work yourself?
What kind of rear strut bar is that?
Dynamat? I'm using 2nd Skin Damplifier, I find it much better...
How hard was it taking out the seats and carpet under the driver and passenger?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

i can take the rear seats out and rear trim out of the car in maybe an hour, removing the center console is about 5-10 minutes, the seats are just 4 bolts a piece, and you may want to remove the trim by the rear speakers as the carpet is tucked up inside of it. not to difficult just time consuming...
Old 04-05-2008, 08:22 PM

yes i am doing all the work myself.... i do this for a living on other peoples cars. so its not too difficult for me.

the strut bar is shark racing.

and yes that is dynamat extreme i am using... i find it to be one of the best sound deadening products out there. i am using cascade on my doors afterwards.

and removing the carpet took lots of work.. i had to remove EVERYTHING both front seats, center console, rear seats and all the lower trim pannels. the seat belt bolts for the front seats aswell. i am having the carpet steam cleaned as well as the rear seats. frnt seats arent goin back in... i am installing Netami racing seats.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You'd better tell me you're using closed cell foam along with the mat or I won't have much respect for your opinion of the dynamat. tongue.gif

I did door panels, trunk, some of the rear fender walls outside the trunk, both doors, floor panels in front of the front seat, and the hatch. Not as many places as you, but I used several layers in important places and covered it all in a lot of closed cell foam.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:33 PM

i will be filling all opened areas in the trunk with dacuron ** (spelling?) its like a rough cotton but specially designed for absorbing open sound waves. dont worry this whole stereo is designed to spec. its being built for JL audio as a demo car tongue.gif in no time soon you will see it in performance auto and sound and other car mags. its already scheduled to appear in powerama, DTP and Car audio gone wild!

i will post pics of the car at these shows too laugh.gif
Old 04-05-2008, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Is that the last one where they pull the car bras off a whole bunch of stangs and camaros from the 80's?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:55 PM

hahahah no, car audio gone wild is the largest car audio sale in the world on record. over 1 million dollars in car audio sold in 18hrs. all the audio companies (JL Audio, Hertz/Audison, Pioneer, Focal, Clarion, Panasonic and other accessory dealers bring in truck loads of audio and we sell it all at cost. we have demo cars, boats, and women in bikinis tongue.gif radio stations are there and its just a wicked huge event. www.caraudiogonewild.com u can see the site there. not much on there right now tho becuase the next event is like 3 months away. but yeah. no cars are takin it off tongue.gif