Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My New 2000 Tiburon

Old 03-16-2010, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i had a friend that i knew had an old tiburon that he used to drive around... and i decided i wanted a new project. well, here it is. bought for just under 700 bucks -

came with scoote hood, knockoff veilside rear bumper, short throw (looks like the ark one, it's a lot nicer than my megan racing short throw), bog bore throttle body (system upgrade) light weight crank pully, newish tranny and clutch, 3 different kinds of rims, warm air intake, no front bumper, interior painted with house paint, looks like 10k hid's in high and low beams, and FREE ANTS! yes, there's a trail of ants inside the car. and he towed it from lousiana to texas and the ants didn't leave or anything, so i'm starting to think they have made a colony somewhere in the car....

oh and it's got KYB's all the way around. and yes, it does run and drive, and it's not THAT bad. has ac, cruise control, heater, power everything (even the door locks, which my 97 doesn't have) stock radio in back seat, and full 2 and a half inch piping all the way back with a cat delete. it sounds pretty groaty but for 700 you can't complain too much.

anyone want a scoote hood? trade for factory 00=01 hood.... i don't like the looks of the scoote hood at all.

i estimate after about.... 2 grand this car would be AWESOME. i'm talking new bumper sideskirts, backbumper, fix up the interior, set of rims and possibly a stereo.
i'll get some underhood pics soon, it's like the middle of the night here and i have school tomorrow. it doesn't really look THAT bad for 700 bucks though.... i thought i remembered it looking worse haha

oh, it's got blue underglow, connected directly to the battery. awesome. just, awesome.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Nice, is the hood Carbon Fiber? I would totally trade you, except mine is painted blue and lime green with a black divider line, so not only would that throw your paint job off, but the CF would completely throw mine off 02.gif sorry
Old 03-16-2010, 12:55 PM

No its fiberglass unpainted, so its black right now. its got a couple cracks in it though upon further inspection so you might not want to trade actually.... I'll take some better pics either tomorrow or this weekend when I drive it down
Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ah, aite, it's a consideration lol. I'd have to see how much it'll cost to get it painted. and also, didn't realize I quoted your first post XD sorry bout that
Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM

if not it's no big deal. now that i have the car, the hood is actually kinda growing on me, i kinda like it minus the front scoop, so i might see about molding it in.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:31 AM

here's some more pics i took right after i bought it to give you a little bit more of an idea on how it looked.....

oh, and this is what i made it look like after a little while -

i two- toned the hood (read: rattle canned it) after a while since the primer in there looked gross... came out fairly alright and really made the car look lots better.

after that i painted the god awful hot rod orange valve cover to a nice red... not the best prep work but you can't see it when the spark plug wires are there

after a few weeks of going to every junk yard in the metroplex area i found a front bumper, back bumper, and a drivers side front fender! when i got it all on she got a MUCH needed bath (first one since i bought her ) and looked sooo much better. car looks a LOT different then when i bought it now -

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=2...706529-1&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=2...926976-1&zw
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=2...991861-1&zw
then, my hood flew off and destroyed the window, and wrecked the roof too. as soon as i get mwood's hood he sold me (thanks bro!) in, i'll paint it white to match and i'll be ready to do some auto crossing in this thing.

since i bought it i have replaced the alternator, put on one of those ground wire kits (for looks really), underdrive pulley, ac delete, took the coilovers off my 97 and tossed em on here, emanage ultimate, innovate wideband, 440cc injectors, front mount, piping, egt gauge, boost gauge, oil temp and pressure... i'll soon have a gt28, manifold, downpipe, wastegate, hks ssqv, oil feed and return, and the coolant lines... probably left some stuff out but you get the idea i suppse. so in a couple weeks i'll be boosted! can't wait
Old 08-01-2010, 08:58 AM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

rolleyes.gif Very Cool I want to see more ok. thumbsup1.gif
Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM

thanks man smile.gif since i'm here i'll go ahead and post some pics of the 97 too....

picture of the 97 before the white rims and spoilerless-

Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

blink.gif jamming.gif WOW! Very Nice job. beercheers.gif thumbsup1.gif
Old 02-20-2011, 10:40 PM

it's been a while since i updated this page... but the tib's doing pretty good. interior still looks like crap, but the engine bay is doing much better

i decided i'm going white and purple on everything in the bay, here's some teaser pics before i take real nice ones of it tomorrow with the completed wire tuck. i was going to do a 100% full wire tuck, but these cars aren't the easiest to do that on.... so i made the best of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2011-02-13 13.16.27.jpg (466.8 KB, 63 views)