Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My Car

Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

<span style="color:#FF9900">Please do not quote the person directly above you.</span>

because its MINE. the color has grown on me champagne i'd see as a grandma color, or maroon (which that car isn't maroon). i like the color and thats all that matters. oh and mad machine its called "chainti red"
Old 04-20-2006, 07:51 PM

Looks like maroon in the pictures which is why I commented. Also just wondering why you went with an Elantra to mod. Because its "yours" didn't really explain the decision. I'm not trying to offend you. I'm just wondering since you don't really see this.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Apr 18 2006, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Isn't a 6 puck clutch a bit much for a street car? Must be hard to leave a stop light without a little chirp..</div>
Any standard Stage 3 clutch kit comes with a 6 puck clutch. It's not that bad. It's the 4 or 3 pucks that are harsh.

Cypher: That XTD doesnt hold the 280 or 300 or whatever lbs of tq they claim. I had to swap it out a month or two after I got it cause it was slipping bad in 4th gear.
If you want a spare 6 puck disk from that same kit, let me know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ToXiC_LovE @ Apr 20 2006, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Looks like maroon in the pictures which is why I commented. Also just wondering why you went with an Elantra to mod. Because its "yours" didn't really explain the decision. I'm not trying to offend you. I'm just wondering since you don't really see this.</div>
What's wrong with the Elantra? It has the same potential as the Tib, almost same weight, and fits 4 people comfortably. If you had kids, or needed to carry people a lot, then that would be a great car.
I'm actually thinking of getting a Sonata and modifying that slightly to use for a semi-luxurious daily driver.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:41 AM

thanks jongtr for pointing out that it has almost the same power as the tib smile.gif. and its roomier. the reason i got the elantra is because i didn't want to pay extra money for car insurance.

OH and thanks man for the heads up on that clutch. guess i might eventually need to upgrade heh.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM

Since I seem to be spending more time over here I'd thought I'd bump this old ass thread with some new pictures. I've since removed the header, exhaust, cam sprocket, UDP... basically all the engine mods I had except for the SRI.

Theres alot coming soon over the winter laugh.gif
Old 11-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

looks good, but you also have lots of catching up to do, eibach sway bars are a huge improvement!! oh and tinted windows.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:35 PM

I removed my tint a year or so ago because I got a ticket. This time when i do it its not going to be as dark lol I'm quite happy with how my car handles. The only thing i'd change about my suspension is coils but its not likely I'll drop the cash for that anytime soon.

I have other priorities with the car right now.wink1.gif
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM

with the way aftermarket is, it took 6 years just to feel finished for me so yeah join the club. they pulled you for 20%? damn, that's fairly uncommon over towards d.c. unless your car looks shady. but for sedans it's even worse. anyway keep it up!

i just noticed you were from md too. from the pictures i'd say you're somewhere up north closer to the chesapeake.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:42 PM

f***ing MTAs at BWI gave me the ticket to be honest. They even tried hassling me for my exhaust which was legal! assholes.

The pictures in the 3rd post were taken up in littlestown, PA but I live in Chestertown over on the eastern shore of MD. Where exactly are you located? After I finished with this I think i'll be pretty much done with the car.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 PM

wtf, well that's the problem here is they have nothing better to do like fight real crime. if your record is clean there should be a rule that lets you get away with dark tint but they'll do anything for money. it's like that in czeck/slovakia, their country is so small they're bored and pull you over for nooooo reason just to shake some change.

i said the same thing!! but then i was uncomfortable with my interior. it hits you like that. next thing you know you want $3,600 seats.

i've never been to chestertown, sounds nice! i'm from silver spring area right next to the d.c. line. they keep putting new lights in, no roadwork ever gets done when it needs, and crime is high. i'd like to move to somewhere nice in florida although some parts of florida aren't all they seem to be either smile.gif it's a tough decision.