Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My 2 Seater Conversion & Custom Hatch Enclosure

Old 06-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets see.. cuz a ported box sounds worse than a sealed box, for one.. so your not that concerned about sound, just being loud..

an angled box has better acoustics's, specially with our hatchs, and it sounds 10X better with an angle on it, not worse.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

^^the manufactuor of the sub calls for a slot port box so clearly your not listening. i'm goign to listen to what they have to say about how to make it sound right not what some guy on a website says.

the OPINION of what sounds better is just that and OPINION. for best sound you need to follow the instructions of the manufactuor to get the best sound. seeing as how they designed it and know what their talking about.

ported or sealed is just a specification there isnt a right or wrong way to go. when you get so powerfull you cant seal the boxes anymore because you have too much pressure going on. to seal a high power sub you need a HUGE sealed enclosure. more room then what i'm willing to give up.

as far as angles we are back to OPINION in MY CAR with MY SUB the rear facing sounds better then facing it upward. i can understand your saying that by having a little of both then it would give a good sound but that just wasnt an option with the availbe matterials
Old 06-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

its a fact that the SOUND is better when its at an angle.. it may still be loud and all BUMP BUMP, i can wake up the neighbors, but your obviously not going for SOUND quality, your just going for a high dB level. and thats fine. but don't say that it would sound worse if it was at an angle, cuz you are clearly wrong..

if you wanted SOUND clarity, and quality, you wouldn't have gotten a 15" huge fart sub, you woulda gotten something with less power and two of them, like 10s or 12s.

maybe i wasn't right about ported a box for a 1029023920923 watt sub, but im talking about normal, clear sounding subs..

porting the box makes it fart, thats a fact.. having a port ruins the clarity of the bass, thats a fact.. porting a box makes the bass not as accurate, thats a fact..

it would still have better SOUND if it was sealed. it may be LOUDER with a port, but thats it, but it doesn't sound better..

and yeah, they had a sealed and ported option for the sub, ported for smaller spaces, but you give up the sound quality..

its not about opinions its about facts.. if you consider sound, being able to knock someone off their bike cuz your mega vibrations, then you probably have good sound.

but if you are considering sound like quality, clear, accurate bass, you sacrificed that when you ported the box, and didn't angle it.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

^^^

your general use of word "sound" lets me know that you dont very much about stereo systems and staging sound. i'll just take your words as encouragement that i did a good job.

the way to make a sub sound the best is listening to the manufactors instructions. maybe for your lil set of 12's you had once apon a time, having an angled sealed box made it sound the best TO YOU. if thats what the manufactor said was the best then fine. but since you dont even know what kid of sub it is other then the fact that its 15" you talking out of your ass.

when you can sit here and let me know about
X-max
Electrical Q Value -Qes:
Mechanical Q Value -Qms:
Total Speaker Q Value -Qts:
Free Air Resonance -Fs:
Equivalent Compliance -Vas:
One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax:
Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m:
Effective Piston Area -Sd:
DC Resistance -Re:
Nominal Impedance -Znom:
Thermal Power Handling -Pe:
Force Factor -Bl:
Mounting Depth
Mounting Hole Diameter
Overall Diameter
Bolt Hole Circle
Motor Width
Motor Depth
Basket Depth
Displacement
Weight
Compact and Optimal enclosure specs

and all the rest of what you need to know when choosing a sub and enclosure, i'll listen to exactally what you have to say about stereos but until then your general terms like " sound" dont really convience me that you actually know anything more about sound then sealed/ported/sub size.

so ill just take this whole " would sound better sealed" " would sound better angles" as complements to the job. thanks man i can appricate the words of encuragement fing02.gif

for the record its a 15" SQ(sound quality) comp. woofer. designed for clarity at high volume and wattage. but seeing as how you just made alot of assumptions about the set up instead of asking questions you wouldnt really know that would u?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

ROTFL roflmao3.gif
Old 06-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Kudos on a job well done fing02.gif. That's a clean install and a sweet setup!

That's basicly how I measured and got mine contoured. I just can't explain it very well nana.gif.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:21 PM

I'll agree on sound quality as an opinion because I fight with my sister about ported and sealed boxes all the time. and yes her 2 subs cannot compare to my one sub when it comes to making the neighbors come over and complain nana.gif again, nice job! fing02.gif
Old 06-13-2007, 12:30 AM

looks good optimo and looks like that shit has hella bang!! good job homie, actually showstopper this shop that i go to wants me two put in 4-15's and that would be crazy
Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 AM

Thats a GREATE install right there laugh.gif
Old 06-13-2007, 06:38 AM

Nuice write up dude was aliitle worried at first but has come out really nice